on a roll..article number 3 ..nope to Soultrean

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
y'all probably already read this ....

....But it also seems to put to rest alternative theories about the peopling of the Americas, such as the Solutrean hypothesis, which posits that the first Americans arrived by sea from Europe, hugging the coastal ice caps that once bridged the Atlantic Ocean.

Genome of America?s Only Clovis Skeleton Reveals Origins of Native Americans | Western Digs

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its just a mans theory. I believe we have been on this earth much longer than anybody knows. And that is just another theory, nobody knows for sure.

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Genetic testing can be a valuable tool in researching the past of our ancestors, but it does have limitations. Genetic testing uses the DNA of existing peoples and compares that to people of the past and look for similarities. The problem with this is that we can only look at people from the past that we find viable samples for. If Younger Dryas eliminated an estimated 90% of the human DNA in North America like some theorists believe, then DNA genomic testing will have serious limitations. People of Solutrean decent would most likely only inhabit the eastern United States and would have been in the 90% that perished. I've seen enough evidence to believe that multiple migrations occurred from both the East and West coasts. The Pre-Clovis peoples of the Eastern U.S. were most likely of Solutrean decent.

TheTh3rd

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few tanged European style points. Moccasin Bend Arch Society said they don't match any paleo culture around this area (SE Tennessee) but they didn't want to verify due to their credibility??

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread