monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been able to hunt any since I hurt my knee, along with work and my wife has been real sick. My wife has been in the hospital for 3 days now and I have been going back and forth because I took time off from work to be here for her. I had noticed a lot that was cleared off many months ago and kept saying to myself that I need to stop and look around, but I never got the time or took the time because it was a small lot maybe 2 acres. Well today after spending time at the hospital, on my way home I stopped. At first just rocks, then some chips and I was about to call it quits because there were foot prints and this place was cleared I know 4 months ago. There was a large live oak standing in the corner so when I got under it this is what I saw. Pottery disk 7-23-16 001.JPG I could have done a back flip and I almost pulled it out of the dirt right then, but I thought about my camera in my jeep. I prayed that it was whole and that it was what it looked like. Pottery disk 7-23-16 003.JPG I never dreamed what I would find when I flipped it over, I thought I saw markings, but when I wiped the dirt off ,the lines just jumped out at me. Pottery disk 7-23-16 005.JPG Here is a cleaned up photo of the front, back and a side shot. Pottery disk 7-23-16 006.JPG Pottery disk 7-23-16 011.JPG Pottery disk 7-23-16 007.JPG You can tell from the side shot and from what is left around the edge, that is was made from the bottom of some type of pottery vessel . Another shot of gorget turned at a different angle and with camera on micro setting Pottery disk 7-23-16 008.JPG This has made my year and it will be very hard to top.

Upvote 0

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding find with great in-situ sequence of pics. Just waiting for you to pick it up. That little voice that tells a guy to look should be listened to lol. Also a good example of ancient recycling there too.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is beautiful. I bet you did flip when you saw the hole and incised lines. Very nice.
I also hope and pray your wife is better too!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a interesting piece to find , congrats

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find/unexpected thrill! Hope you and your and your wife will see improvement!

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a killer piece! Prayers for your wife.

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my wife I brought her home today but she will have to go back for another surgery in a week are so. Thank you all !!!!!!!!!:hello2:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Awesome find. I would think that that would be a Banner find. Banner vote here.

P.S. Still praying for you both.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''Bump''

Are you kidding me! ''What'', a one-of-a-kind find and a rock (leaverite) gets more attention. Come on folks this find is Banner worthy.

LeighTzu

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2016
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
El cheapo until I can upgrade xD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
beautiful find! Its fascinating to ponder that because the lines make it artistically unique, it is likely the only one like it in the world!

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
I was thinking the same unclemac on the spindle whorl. I have one about the same size although mine is missing about 1/4 of the piece.

ncnurseryman

Jul 28, 2013
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find!!! I know what you mean about not being able to hunt. My new job leaves little time but I drive by beautiful fields all the time but don't know who the owners are. I haven't been hunting in a year or more to my great displeasure. Nonetheless that's an outstanding find.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread