Real artifact hunter.

Momof3

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Campbell ky
Detector(s) used
The trash finding kind!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was doing a bit more research on my new spot and it turns out someone who has written a pretty important book about their finds along this place lives ACROSS the street from where I park to go in..in my mind I know understand all the flint around the old road where I park and I was debating (before I knew) knocking on his door and asking him about the area!? Now what's a girl to do...assume it's been picked over!? He has thousands of artifacts.. Some paleo..(a site I've been trying to locate/ narrow down...

Upvote 0

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picked over? To some degree but he didn't find them all. Knock on the door, introduce yourself, share your enthusiasm and show him some of your finds. You might end up pleasantly surprised by what he may share in return. Knowledge, insight, where the best spots to look may be, what you may expect to find, what he has found. Some folks can sometimes be very generous with their time.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was doing a bit more research on my new spot and it turns out someone who has written a pretty important book about their finds along this place lives ACROSS the street from where I park to go in..in my mind I know understand all the flint around the old road where I park and I was debating (before I knew) knocking on his door and asking him about the area!? Now what's a girl to do...assume it's been picked over!? He has thousands of artifacts.. Some paleo..(a site I've been trying to locate/ narrow down...

Sounds to me that is exactly the one door you want to knock on.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Get the book , knock and ask him to please autograph it. Then ask your questions. Should work...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowledge is power. Maybe they can help and mentor you some. I had many mentors and people help me. Good luck!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask for a autograph, read his book and tell how much you love it, then tell him about how much you love artifacts and respect the native American culture. I bet after that he will spill a lot of knowledge about the area. Every one likes to be puffed up a little.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Best thing I have found out is shut up and listen when he or she is talking. After they run out of breath and there is silence then ask a question or 2. Anybody with years of experience has a lot to say when they find out you are interested in their hobby. Then after all of your questions are answered (except the can I look) ask to see their collection. It might take a few trips but after they are comfortable with you and can call you by name ask if you can go look for your own. If you rush into the last question you may never get to have a look. I always try to bring a gift for them. One guy told me he loved apple fritters but his wife didnt want him to have them so I took him 2 dozen one day when she wasnt home. Everybody wants something and now I have permission to yet another property. I have many properties I am able to look on now. Good Luck and make sure you never leave a hole or trash.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
And leave the gates as you find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions