IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 75 years of being in our family, my uncle decided to sell the farm. When I was little, and we lived on it , I used to go out behind our house and pull out fossils literally in the back yard , so this spring, I ran up to see what i could find before it sold. I found some nice fossils, (posted in the fossil forum) but I also ended up finding arrow heads too! I was a little bummed my phone went dead while I was out there, because I like to take insitu pics of my finds. I was shocked how tiny a lot of these are! I put in a quarter for scale. I have been so busy with work this summer I am just now getting around to posting these! Thanks for looking!Oh! I forgot to add, I think these are Avonlea?

Attachments

• 1469645205832.jpg
    1469645205832.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
IAMZIM

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't figure out why this pic turned itself sideways...is there any way to turn it?

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
I have been so busy with work this summer I am just now getting around to posting these! Thanks for looking!Oh! I forgot to add, I think these are Avonlea?

Nice finds!
The bottom row of complete points and some of those with identifiable intact bases are Avonleas as well.

Fine group of artifacts and great material.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I see that you at least found one complete point. I guess that you had a good spot to hunt, but with the property changing hands I hope that you still may be able to search the area.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds. I would try to talk to the new owners to see about obtaining permission to still hunt the property. It would be worth the try at least.

Here's some Montana pieces I have including some Avonleas.

Attachments

• DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 72
  • mt (1).jpg
    mt (1).jpg
    113 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
OP
OP
IAMZIM

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds. I would try to talk to the new owners to see about obtaining permission to still hunt the property. It would be worth the try at least.

Here's some Montana pieces I have including some Avonleas.
Those are nice! I have a question, I noticed that some of yours, like mine, are very short in length, do you think these were broken ones reworked into new but shorter points?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions