ID help

JJ1965

Jul 27, 2016
Blythewood, SC
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I was looking for some help identifying these two points. The first was a surface find in Fairfield county, SC. The second was found on the beach st Edisto Island, SC. Neither look familiar to me as far as typical local types. Any ideas? Thanks!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

JJ1965

Jul 27, 2016
Blythewood, SC
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks. I have never seen a Palmer with a base quite like this, but I guess it could be. I was not aware that the Eva point could be found in SC, but in the distribution section it says it may be found here...so maybe that's it. I appreciate the response.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Thanks. I have never seen a Palmer with a base quite like this, but I guess it could be. I was not aware that the Eva point could be found in SC, but in the distribution section it says it may be found here...so maybe that's it. I appreciate the response.

There is only one Palmer image that resembles the one that you've found so I wouldn't definitively call it a Palmer. As the tools were worked and resharpened over time, the initial form can sometimes be lost.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points and great finds. Just always don't go straight by the book you will always run into something that does not fit into the books description to the letter. You have to weigh all the facts and make the call yourself:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread