JonG

Feb 1, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I spent over 6 hours walking around my friend Greg's property today. I found a couple of what I think are nice pieces, along with a few broken arrowheads and what I think are pieces of pottery. I thought this was a dead mouse when I first caught a glimpse. As soon as the others are cleaned up, I'll post a few more pictures. Dog tired, but going back for one more day. I need to swing the detector in a few spots I marked today. He's called the neighbor to see if he can get permission to cross onto their property. Greg said they hate "treasure hunters". Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Has a few nicks and dings, but it's still a cool point. Now to find out what of the kazillion different types of arrowheads this is. :icon_scratch:
IMG_9666.JPG
IMG_9667.JPG
IMG_9668.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting knife what state?

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like flint river material... Maybe Georgia? .....down that way

Also, there's likely not a type associated with that.... Either a knife or a scraper... General tool

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I love finding arrowheads and things like that because my grandmother is full blooded native.

OP
OP
JonG

JonG

Feb 1, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the material may be coastal plains. It also looks like it was cooked.

Coastal plains and flint river are essentially the same material... I forgot about that name being used. Good follow Jon

OP
OP
JonG

JonG

Feb 1, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I think are the best of 2 day hunt. Too bad they're all chipped and/or broken. The smaller pieces are still soaking, and will post pics of those in the next couple of days.
IMG_9697.jpg
IMG_9700.jpg

JJ1965

Jul 27, 2016
Blythewood, SC
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful drill. I love that purplish color on the center one. I have a broke made out of something similar...only one I have ever seen like that...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread