My Pottery finds today

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been working an area of my creek a little bit with the garden rake because there's not enough rain to wash it so having to work for anything I find. That being said, I pull rocks and sand from under the bank and have been lucky in the past finding points and pottery that way, only today it was tons of glass and I like that because I know there's probably gonna be some pottery too. Now the other item looks like a tiny cookie cutter and just for curiosity's sake I will be researching it later but thinking it might be from a Suzy Homemaker bake set if I can remember that right.

WP_20160821_001.jpg

Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With all the pottery you find, do you think there was a major settlement, or camp near by? Is there a way to date pottery? Nice finds!! Tony

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There must have been a pretty large settlement/camp but on my side of the county it's not documented. We have a big archeological dig on the other side of my county and I've shown my artifacts to the main guy there and he tells me about them. He said he'd like to walk my "site" but it would be too expensive to do the tests they do when they're not sure where it's all coming from. He has dated my finds and a lot of it is Burke Phase. What I find interesting from talking to him is there's not one cord marked piece in my collection but all are fabric impressed, paddle marked or incised and I don't know what that means. I've found a few projectile points and most of them are Archaic time period.

Last edited:

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Those are very nice sherds...& a cookie cutter?! I never find those! :{ Congrats & you have done some great research Peaches. Thanks for the look.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pottery. Would be interesting to find out how that cookie cutter made it there.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pottery pieces. You'll have to get a shot of the different patterns you have collected.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plain, cord marked and a kitty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions