rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went today to a creek that had lots of rain a couple of weeks ago. The creek went down and was clear. It actually washed almost all of the sand to the other creek which had some nice flint in it. But I will take whatever is given to me from the creek gods. The quartz stayed just for me and I found some nice pieces. The big quartz point is the best 1 to date for 2016. Hope you guys/ gals like them as I enjoyed finding them. N GA , rock

Attachments

• SDC11724.JPG
    SDC11724.JPG
    913.3 KB · Views: 98
  • SDC11722.JPG
    SDC11722.JPG
    833.9 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That quartz one is super nice Rock...what type are you thinking it is?

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the black point a Bolen?

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That quartz one is super nice Rock...what type are you thinking it is?

I think all of the quartz ones are Morrow Mountain time frame. You know the last time I was there I found some colorful flint pieces and Im thinking I might of just over looked the quartz pieces. Shame on me but I wasnt even looking for quartz cause I just dont find much of it. Im glad I looked this time.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the black point a Bolen?

Well I was thinking Big Sandy but seeing you asked I looked and the flaking is correct for a Bolen........my 1st thank you sir.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice quartz! Glad you having some good washing rains. We have had some thunderstorms around but they have missed all the spots I am waiting to hunt.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt and finds rock ! I am partial to your small black flint point. Looks like it might have a nice alternating bevel to the blade?

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and finds rock ! I am partial to your small black flint point. Looks like it might have a nice alternating bevel to the blade?

Yes it does and a tip ding to. We have cobbles in the creek bottoms and when the creeks flood they do tend to get damaged when the tumble. Looks to be a Bolen Bevel Thanks for the comments everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread