Brewerton Eared? Scraper? Knife? Something else?

filmiracl

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this yesterday... jasper, nicely made, water worn, can't tell if it's broken or not! I was thinking broken brewerton eared, halfted scraper, or a small knife of some kind. The area that looks broken is not a clean break... it appears to be a series of flakes and chips smoothed over by the water (or at least, that's what I think. So... I can't confirm if it's broken or not.) It's also more beefy than it is flat... so I don't think it's a broken triangle point. What do you think this thing is?

image_19105.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost has a spoke shave look to it.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The incurvate edge is very common with Woodland triangles. And the most common break seen on triangles is at the corner. Not sure why, but the most common damage when a triangle is damaged is at one corner only. And you can see there is a break at one corner that is water worn. The tip as well has slight damage. Not sure what region you found it in but I have seen hundreds of Levanna triangles with the exact same form and one broken corner. Just my best guess......

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water leaves a nice polish and stain but does kill the flaking and edge work sometimes. No guesses except for a very nice eye appeal from me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread