my rocks

rileysscout

Greenie
Aug 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0847.JPG

Hoping for a little help! Any insight as to what I have here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rileysscout

Greenie
Aug 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the duplicate picture. It would seem I don't know much about stones or computers!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNET!

Please tell us if these are personal finds and what general area (state) that they were found

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard rileysscout. Glad to have you with us. Nice looking pieces you have there.

Knowing what state they were found in would go a long in helping you get them ID'ed. And if possible, some close ups of some or all of them.

Thank you.

OP
OP
R

rileysscout

Greenie
Aug 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly Missouri I believe. My Uncle has collected them for years and now the family is trying to sort through everything.

OP
OP
R

rileysscout

Greenie
Aug 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have tried researching but there is so much information and it's hard to know where to start. I am unsure how the appraisal process works. The best I could tell we would have to send them off and pay $25 per stone. Seems a little crazy! I'm just hoping for some insight on what, if anything, is of actual value versus his personal sentimental value.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rileysscout

Greenie
Aug 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't shoot me but they all look so similar!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of what I see there are just Blades of some type. The white Point on the far left in the top row could be a Dalton. The 4 pieces at the bottom all look natural. If you could get some close ups, we could help a little more.

OP
OP
R

rileysscout

Greenie
Aug 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for your help! Which pieces would you like a close up of?

OP
OP
R

rileysscout

Greenie
Aug 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I'm asking a lot but any idea what a fair asking price would be for this lot? We would like them to go to someone who shared his passion and would appreciate the history involved.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for your help! Which pieces would you like a close up of?

Just put 3 or 4 together and take pictures of both sides.

As for value, that is hard to say without personally examining them. Most of what you have looks to be common Blades and Points and for the most part field grade so you aren't going to get much for them. My best estimate would a couple hundred dollars or maybe a little more for all of it. You could probably get more if you pieced it out or found someone that collected Missouri Blades.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go along with what Grim is saying. What you have are field grade and some that have damage which drops your price a lot. One thing to think about is that most of the prices that you see will be a retail price and most will not pay that. One other thing just think that once they are gone, they are gone for good.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have tried researching but there is so much information and it's hard to know where to start. I am unsure how the appraisal process works. The best I could tell we would have to send them off and pay $25 per stone. Seems a little crazy! I'm just hoping for some insight on what, if anything, is of actual value versus his personal sentimental value.

You would just be waisting money to send them out for authentification. Except for the bottom row of what look like natural objects, the remaining points and blades are field grade. They look no brainer authentic, at least in the photo. There is not a lot of value, go by what Grim Reaper suggested. They are not the quality of artifact that you need to get authenticated due to high value. They are not worthless, just not a lot of money. Sending them out you would be spending on each more then the piece is worth in many instances. Still a nice collection from your uncle.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your pics outside to in natural light the white ones wont show well with a indoor pic. Field Grade points on the average usually dont sell for more than $10 each but it depends on what they are. You might have a flaked ax cant tell for sure that one turned sideways if it is will fetch more maybe $25 depending on the work on it maybe more. I go to shows and do look at the prices people are selling them for. The damaged ones well not much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread