rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they were good finds. Americus was kicking my butt today. We were sending each other pics while out :)

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Good going! That first one is a mighty fine find, and it looks like the right side barb is still really sharp. I can't stop looking at the notched piece on the far left in the group of 4. it looks like it has been re-worked a time or two, and I can't figure out if the base would have been the lower edge as you have it held in the photo, or if the original base is the edge shown on the left side. Do any of the edges show and signs of having been ground? HH

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they were good finds. Americus was kicking my butt today. We were sending each other pics while out :)

Of all the people you could get into an arrowhead finding competition with, he would be last on the list. He can go to the grocery store and find a point.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ones! Really nice stone next to the funky notched one. Congrats!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible finds, thanks for sharing! Have never found an arrowhead yet. One time I was trout fishing on a stream just north of Gettysburg, PA and ran into a guy packing a revolver on his hip and I wondered if I wasn't suppose to be there. Asked him about the pistol and he said he carries it for protection from snakes. He said he was looking for arrowheads and has found over 2000! I was impressed.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds somebody else commented on the last pic the point over top your ring ..... Can you post more pics of it? Is that just plow damage or is it reworked?

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Nice finds somebody else commented on the last pic the point over top your ring ..... Can you post more pics of it? Is that just plow damage or is it reworked?

It was broken by the plow.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of all the people you could get into an arrowhead finding competition with, he would be last on the list. He can go to the grocery store and find a point.

;) I can always hope I will out do him 1 day.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just outrageous the quantity of nice stuff you find. That first and second piece are very killer.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to mention that monster Maccorkle in the last pic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread