rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back for the last time to bottle creek today. Went way upstream with my yak and good thing I took it cause there was some deep spots. Dont know how far in miles I went but at least 2 miles I would guess. Dragged the yak the whole way probably need some meds for my sore arms and stomach from jumping in and out of it. I wont be going back I hit it hard this time 7 hours worth. At least till we get a hard rain anyways. Found a point (Palmer), a Blade or backed knife idk, a big ugly crude scraper and some brokes and flakes. Oh and the pink flake kine has eyes on it ;) I did find 2 pieces of pottery but no pics cause they didnt show well. I got to think of which creek I will be hitting next but maybe they pulled the cotton I will have to check. HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC11805.JPG
    SDC11805.JPG
    768.4 KB · Views: 101
  • SDC11807.JPG
    SDC11807.JPG
    624.8 KB · Views: 98
  • SDC11810.JPG
    SDC11810.JPG
    768.3 KB · Views: 104
  • SDC11789.JPG
    SDC11789.JPG
    754 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC11782.JPG
    SDC11782.JPG
    709.9 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC11784.JPG
    SDC11784.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 102
  • SDC11790.JPG
    SDC11790.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Palmer sure is a nice looking point Rock...well worth the workout!

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Good hunt Rock. That is a long way to walk, especially bringing the yak, but I would consider the finds worth the effort as well. Did you float back down stream as much as you could, or did you re-hunt the gravel bars again, in the downstream direction?

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found some nice ones lately! Good creek!

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The creeks can be brutal, but the same creek will give you a nice one at some point!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really nice finds but such a shame to have to work so hard for them. Yes creeks can be brutal but the pay off is worth it sometimes. Good luck on your next hunt!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt Rock. That is a long way to walk, especially bringing the yak, but I would consider the finds worth the effort as well. Did you float back down stream as much as you could, or did you re-hunt the gravel bars again, in the downstream direction?

Well some sections I needed the yak I can think of 2 that was deep and maybe 50 ft of water but for the most part it was a foot or less deep. On the way back the big gravel bars I stopped and looked due to the sun was better at that time. The big scraper I found on the way back it was hiding under a big oak leaf and the sun made the black sparkle. I also found most of the pieces on the way back. When you are in a creek and there is a bend upstream with a huge gravel bar below the bend there is noway there wont be something hiding on it you just have to go slow and look. It was a fun day kind of scary out in nowhere land by yourself though. I took a friend on my hip so it wasnt to bad.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really nice finds but such a shame to have to work so hard for them. Yes creeks can be brutal but the pay off is worth it sometimes. Good luck on your next hunt!

If we got a good hard rain I might go back the grey dust was on everything. It was fun exploring there is skunks out there is the only draw back you can smell them when the wind blows just rite.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Palmer sure is a nice looking point Rock...well worth the workout!

I finally determined the material it is a banded Rayholite my 1st in that material. Very high grade cause it feels like flint. I find those cobbles in the creeks in my area but havent found much used.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Rock you have been doing great this year. It just shows that putting boots on the ground pays off and you will find more:icon_thumright:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Palmer,I like the creek polish on it. The one with eyes,I think you found the petrified shrunken head of a ancient alien. Is it possible?? aliens.jpg Nice finds.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Palmer,I like the creek polish on it. The one with eyes,I think you found the petrified shrunken head of a ancient alien. Is it possible?? View attachment 1360166 Nice finds.

Thought it was a funny ad to my finds. The flint material is a quick scraper and its a material I havent found yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread