Bolo Stone

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this bolo stone in Hinds county, Mississippi at a Woodland period site. bolo stone.jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what was a Bolo used for and what makes it a artifact? Im not doubting but am wanting to learn what to look for.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what was a Bolo used for and what makes it a artifact? Im not doubting but am wanting to learn what to look for.

Bolo stones were used in a throwing device made of some type of cord with 3 to 4 weights attached to the end of each cord and all of them being attached together at the other end from the weights. Look up bolo stones / egg stones also bolo throwing device and you will see what I'm talking about. Bolos have been used for 1000's of years all over.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one I found just south of your area Rock. mistery artifact 005.JPG mistery artifact 003.JPG mistery artifact 002.JPG This one is shaped very well and has a dip in the end for the cord knot to fit in and it's made out of the iron stone in your area. Cedarhurst Ga. find.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In this demonstration, picture the legs of a bird, rather then the tree. The bird is tripped up, allowing the hunter enough time to walk up and club the bird. I am only familiar with grooved bolas, like the one I am holding. I do not know how to positively identify a rock as a bola stone if the rock has not been altered....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDv3-tXtBc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 185

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions