Did I find a bolo stone???

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this odd stone up about a year ago from a spot where I have found a lot of points and pottery pieces. To me it looked oddly shaped and pretty scratched up and worn. I just saw the post from the guy who found the bolo stone and thought they looked similar. What do you guys think? IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1530.JPG IMG_1532.JPG IMG_1534.JPG IMG_1533.JPG

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm only familiar with bola stones that have grooves around them, like the examples from Texas seen at this link:

Morhiss

Ungrooved, I'm not sure how to identify them unless in context, with others, in a dig, etc. I don't know how you can be certain when surface found. But, when you know a site well, odd stones do stand out, and you can develop a hunch on things to take home and ponder.

Edit: I see you did dig it up. Again, you know your site better then anyone else. But I'm not sure what you have, as it could easily pass as an un utilized rock had it not been dug in context with points.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to tell but looks like a hammer stone to me or they might of been trying to shape the stone in question for something like a ax head and never finished it so it would fall under the preform area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions