Upvote 0

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! That blue point sure is an eye catcher. Is the drilled item a boiling stone of maybe part of a pendent, I am not familiar with drilled stones for cooking with. I always enjoy seeing your finds. HH

OP
OP
willjo

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what's the material of the second point, that's the coolest point I've seen in a while

It is coastal plain chert, all pieces except boiling stone is that and it is the Allendale formation , Brier creek variant. We have some fantastic colors in it and in some areas close the chert is just all white or cream color.

OP
OP
willjo

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! That blue point sure is an eye catcher. Is the drilled item a boiling stone of maybe part of a pendent, I am not familiar with drilled stones for cooking with. I always enjoy seeing your finds. HH

If you go to the online version of this book, BENEATH THESE WATERS, Archaeological and Historical studies of 11,500 years along the Savannah River, By SharynKane & Richard Keeton you can see some of these that were found and how they think they were used. I have Gorgets and cooking stones made from this material.

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
While all of your finds are nice the blue point is incredible. I always look forward to seeing what you find.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im guessing you hit that blue point with a drop of mineral oil to bring out the color? Nice finds you had.

OP
OP
willjo

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im guessing you hit that blue point with a drop of mineral oil to bring out the color? Nice finds you had.

Natural no oil.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice. That blue stone is amazing... that is wild you found the other half of that blade. I know you just found the other half of that big drill a little while back . What's your secret

OP
OP
willjo

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice. That blue stone is amazing... that is wild you found the other half of that blade. I know you just found the other half of that big drill a little while back . What's your secret

Looking in a manufacturing site where they dropped every thing broke and started a new one and keeping all broke finds.

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will the blue point fade like some of the pink ones made of Coastal Plains Chert (you had mentioned this to me in regards to some of the colors changing after they became exposed to air)

Beautiful points by the way!

OP
OP
willjo

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will the blue point fade like some of the pink ones made of Coastal Plains Chert (you had mentioned this to me in regards to some of the colors changing after they became exposed to air)

Beautiful points by the way!

They do but this one is holding its color good right now.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking in a manufacturing site where they dropped every thing broke and started a new one and keeping all broke finds.
Very cool. I have a couple pieces I have always wanted to find the other halves to.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That blue is killer almost like a blue pearl look. Wish I could find a boiling stone.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I reeally like the blue point. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions