Knife, scrapper? What kind of tool?

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this about a month ago, was never too sure what t was/is. It seems to made of decent quality Quartz. What are your thoughts and thanks. IMG_1611.JPG IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1604.JPG IMG_1612.JPG

Back, front, point, and bottom

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a tool or knife, it is just a piece of quartz that has not been worked. Better luck next time.

OP
OP
W

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1613.JPG
It's not a tool or knife, it is just a piece of quartz that has not been worked. Better luck next time.

OLD digger, I included some better pictures, are you really sure that this Quartz piece is just an act of nature?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That type of quartz is really hard to show work on a screen. If that is all they had to use in your area then hang onto it if you like. But as far as somebody actually being able to see the work on it from their screen it wont happen. I find that type of quartz in places I know of but dont post them often. I found a knife and scraper a month ago or so that is so rough and ugly Im not posting them. Most of the artifacts I find in that stretch of creek property are very creek worn and rough. Good luck and try to find a area with better lithic its out there you just have to move on to another spot.

Kaleb71386

Dec 31, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda looks like a perform

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I waited for someone to give you the right answer. AND YES HERE I GO AGAIN. It's the Indian Chief it's made by a Jesuit. It's a nice one too. These guys can see what they don't know. It being quartz makes it even harder. What else have you found? There is a lot of work on it. You just have to know how to look at it. So don't throw it out. One day they too will learn what they are seeing until then. You will be told it's nothing. You know it's special and that is all that matters. Nice find. It's not native American but it's about them and some else.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I waited for someone to give you the right answer. AND YES HERE I GO AGAIN. It's the Indian Chief it's made by a Jesuit. It's a nice one too. These guys can see what they don't know. It being quartz makes it even harder. What else have you found? There is a lot of work on it. You just have to know how to look at it. So don't throw it out. One day they too will learn what they are seeing until then. You will be told it's nothing. You know it's special and that is all that matters. Nice find. It's not native American but it's about them and some else.

Lol.... Good call Bob..... U sure have a good eye for spotting what nobody else sees

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Wow you are a real jerk. I was just looking for answers to something that I found. There is no need for such sarcasm and nastiness.

LOL, obviously you don't know either backwoods bob or arrow at all.

Why don't you show that thing around and see what kind of response you get when you tell one person it's an artifact, another it's an Indian Chief Sculpture, and the next that it's a funky piece of quartz, and see what kind of reactions you get. Let one of your friends help you with this easy one.

Oh, and Wes it's against the rules to call people derogatory names like you just did.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there are a lot of pieces that are discarded as nothing. I will go against any of you on what I call. I don't call everything Jesuit like most of you think. Some could be Cistercian or another order. You guys need to study the stones more. Don't just look at something examine it. Don't use bright light either. Put yourself back in time. Where you had lantern for light and a lot of time. No T.V. and get to know your subjects. Trying to help you guys understand what your dealing with. I wish I could show you personally. Because if I could you would get it. It's the same technique they used. It's actually simple. How they did some of it is not. It did take me years to figure it out. So I will help you as long as you need it. I do apologize for my past behavior. It's hard to get new stuff across old views. Especially stepping on toes to get there. Either way one can not learn if you don't listen. Try using a light source from one side in a dim room. Hold it up and turn around allowing the light to hit at different angles. Then you will see what's on a stone. There are other ways but that is the easiest for now. Enjoy!

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, obviously you don't know either backwoods bob or arrow at all.

Why don't you show that thing around and see what kind of response you get when you tell one person it's an artifact, another it's an Indian Chief Sculpture, and the next that it's a funky piece of quartz, and see what kind of reactions you get. Let one of your friends help you with this easy one.

Oh, and Wes it's against the rules to call people derogatory names like you just did.
Unless he shows it to someone who knows the work of the priest. He will get the same thing he's getting from the other's. Op , try that techniques I told you about.

OP
OP
W

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I am sorry, I thought that Bob was being sarcastic and giving me a hard time. I am now guessing that he is being serious. My apologies Bob you are not a jerk, you just have some ideas that I do not understand.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is natural quartz, not an artifact. Every rock ever found is a Jesuit rock to Bob....

This is our North American Indian Artifact forum, not the Jesuit forum, you want to talk about so called Jesuit rocks do so on the Jesuit forum.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said here we go again. That goes to you too . Treasure hunter. Are you being a moderator on this or just another option? Either way your wrong

Bob I am talking to YOU. You want to talk about Jesuit "stones" do so on our Jesuit forum not on our Indian Artifact forum. It is NOT open for debate either.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob, I told you it is not open for debate, keep it out of our Indian Artifact forum

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I am sorry, I thought that Bob was being sarcastic and giving me a hard time. I am now guessing that he is being serious. My apologies Bob you are not a jerk, you just have some ideas that I do not understand.

He's not a jerk, per se, but he does seem to have very outlandish and delusional ideas about the Jesuits carving tons of Stone Images which apparently only he can see. I have searched the internet and the only one I can find pushing this nonsense if ole Bob here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread