Bittersweet day - some of my personal finds come home.

scuba1970

Sep 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say it's bittersweet. Years ago when I was in need of some money I sold a lot of my personal finds and have always regretted it but you do what you have to to survive right? Well sold a bunch to a good friend...actually an amazing friend who cherished them just as much as I did maybe even more. Well he passed away and the world lost a great man. I spoke to one of his closest friends the other day after finding out he had passed and I was shocked to learn he had willed my finds back to me so I can pass them on to my sons. I was speechless. Today I went and brought my artifacts back home to share with my family. These were all personal finds of mine between the ages of 12-23. The frame of triangles are a cache of points I found hunting with another buddy on a Cahokia Mississippian satellite site. We found over 20 points whole and broken that day. The two clovises are from a Clovis site I hunted as a kid and are made of kaolin chert (Union co IL)The agate basin was found near Alto Pass IL, the pine tree is from Union Co IL as well as the small Thebes and red kaolin chert table rock. The only non IL point was still a personal find and that is the turkeytail which I found near Ft Campbell KY when stationed there. These are all 100% authentic points and I am so happy they've made it back home but miss my buddy. Rest In Peace Phil.

Attachments

• IMG_0681.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG
    914.4 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 0

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't "like" too many posts on this forum....
But I love this one....
Sorry for the loss of your friend, and great you got your points back....

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You truly had a real friend. My condolences.

OP
OP
scuba1970

scuba1970

Sep 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. It brought tears to my eyes that he thought that much of my friendship and family to send them back to us. I'll never sell them again and hope my sons enjoy them and pass them along to their kids someday.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. It brought tears to my eyes that he thought that much of my friendship and family to send them back to us. I'll never sell them again and hope my sons enjoy them and pass them along to their kids someday.

He seemed like a great guy and a true friend which is a rare thing these days! My Father/ Mentor and best friend both passed away this year. I was given most of their collections so I took specific pieces and gave them to my children, nephews, nieces and other people that I knew would appreciate it.

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
There are not many friends like yours, he knew what they meant to you and he passed the legacy on.
God bless him.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one find that I need to get back. Sold it to pay for my daughters wedding.......great artifacts recovery. I don't sell anymore either........its all I can do to buy my artifacts back.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great story. Funny how life is sometimes. That old saying of pass it on still applies. I am glad your spectacular finds are back in good hands and have been cherished by many.
Thanks for sharing.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing. Great to hear stories like this. He definitely sounds like an amazing person and a person that thought you were special as well. Sorry about your loss but glad you can treasure these beautiful artifacts again. God bless!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss .... Those are some once in a lifetime finds. Glad they made it back to you and hope they stay in your family.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen it seems that kindness and artifacts go hand in hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread