5" + Llano River Clovis

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
BB1.jpg BB3.jpg Just wanted to share this Beauty from my collection. New to the forum. Would love some thoughts.

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would like to add one thing, in fairness to those who are very curious to know who the authenticators are who gave a thumbs up for the huge Dovetail. I don't know authenticators, other then recognizing the names of well known ones. And, through the grapevine, I know the reps, good or bad, where some are concerned. But, what I would not expect, is for an authenticator to say "please don't tell anyone I approved this piece, should you show it around. It would not be fair to let others know I approved your piece". I don't know why a good authenticator would adopt that position. If they put their reputation on a piece, why would it be unfair for people to know they put their reputation on the piece? They either are willing to defend their opinion or they are not. So, it should be seen as perfectly natural for experienced collectors to enquire about that info. There is no a-priori reason to keep it a secret. But, again, certainly it's your right not to say if that's what you feel is how you want it.....

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
"Grey Ghost" comes to mind in this thread. JMHO

Another thing to consider is that the point was given to you, you didn't find it. If you found it then you would know for sure in your heart that it is an artifact. One winter my wife found an absolute perfect point with serrated edges. Not one thing was broken. On the way home I stopped at a knappin and showed it to one of the best flint knappers around. He raised his eyes as he picked away at the point. He doubted its authenticity but didn't say anything to me. We were a half a mile out on the desert in the middle of know where when she found it. NO way did someone take the time to make that point and then drop it off on the desert.

You are going to have doubters when something as clean and nice as your point shows up. Either way it is a beautiful piece.

Last edited:

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I'll agree with what Charl wrote.

And I'll agree with you Mogi. Welcome aboard, and I look forward to seeing more of your collection.
With all due respect - Even with those multiple C.O.A.'S and the authenticators giving their approval, you would still need to express your opinion if they are correct or are you. I am not here to seek approvals, but to share some very beautiful artifacts. The choice to accept them is up to you. respectfully!

The banner finds are the pictures that are on the top of the forum, they are recent, personal finds. They are nominated by members and then approved by Admins/Moderators. A couple of members here have had multiple finds up there.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mogi
Let me say again please don't take what I say are what any others say be taken as a attack on you. Like Charl said on most artifact sites they try to weed out the reproductions. It's a bad thing but there are 1,000's and 1,000's of collections that have reproductions in them and the owners of the collections are unaware of it. A lot of times they take the word of a seller or a friend with out the proof that really needs to go along with a high class artifact. That is why we asked for a COA photo or the name of that person.

We welcome you to this site , if you are given or buy a artifact and want to post it that is very cool. We would love to see more of your collection, but in all fairness to the new collectors who don't understand what a world full of reproductions that is out there, we ask questions and also this site is for real artifacts or any that a person may have a question on. An if anyone wants their collection to be taken with no doubt in mind and also raise the value of their collection ,providence is most important.

My collection will be passed on to my grandkids and just one reproduction in that collection will put doubt on the whole collection. An don't think that you can not be fooled by someone, because even myself and many museums have been fooled by just this saying (Fool the eyes and you fool the brain). Happy hunting and collecting !!!!!!!!!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
help me out here, i don't understand. If i had that piece i would be waving the legit COA around like FLAG!! ...so why are we being secretive about it? if the piece is worth north of 20K...i would get MULTIPLE COA's from the best names in the business.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Cumberland.jpg Just wanted to share this beauty. It is Buffalo river flint and came from right on the border of Tennessee and Kentucky. Basement was being dug by a backhoe and the dirt piles held this piece and another broken Cumberland. Both were retrieved in 1969. Very Heavy deposits and minerals.

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANY and ALL info you can get on pieces like these would benefit your collection in the long run. NOT showin info ( not just here but anywhere ) will ALWAYS bring doubt.

KenRobertson

Greenie
Nov 24, 2016
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Whites, and two box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't want to bust any bubbles, but appears to be a modern replica. There are several artifact shows in Texas where it's origin could be confirmed. I can recommend several experts.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone - I deeply apologize for all of this. I joined the forum to make some new friends and hopefully even meet some and go pick up some rocks. Just the opposite has happened and i feel it is my fault. If you ever have read my correspondence with my posts,it doesn't take long to realize that i am a believer in Our Lord. With that being said i want all of you to know that i have never posted a pic of an artifact that does not have at least 1 paper on it,except for the Mozarkite Birdpoint that i posted today. The best friend that i have gave it to me. Not only would he give me the shirt off his back,but would give me the point in his hand. I have used 3 different authenticators since starting my collection as i need those for insurance purposes and to legitimize value as they will be passed down. I have never sold an artifact in my life and do not plan to. I have showed you guy's pieces that i have personally found only to be discredited. I respect and understand everyone's skepticism of some of them as a lot of them are very high end items. It would do me no good whatsoever to show my Museum Grade as they would meet the same fate. I would never ever post anything on this or any other page that not only i, but my authenticators as well has approved. Once again - I Apologize to people who i have hurt with my posts. I will not post anymore but would like to continue following as i still have hopes of meeting new friends. Be kind to each other and God bless! Mogi

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want to bust any bubbles, but appears to be a modern replica. There are several artifact shows in Texas where it's origin could be confirmed. I can recommend several experts.

No there isn't!!!!!!

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
No there isn't!!!!!!

pardon me, but many materials are limited as to their origin, and quite often that is the best and only indicator of the origin of a piece.

And there are are many people in Texas that could accurately evaluate that piece for you I am sure.
And I'm Glad you have decided not to leave.
Joel

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
pardon me, but many materials are limited as to their origin, and quite often that is the best and only indicator of the origin of a piece.

And there are are many people in Texas that could accurately evaluate that piece for you I am sure.
And I'm Glad you have decided not to leave.
Joel

You just made me smile really big! Thank you for that Joel! Haven't had much of that since being on the site. I did not explain my comment very well with just 3 words. The flint type is Llano River and in my original post i said that it was a Texas flint. And yes i 100% agree there are experts in Texas that can confirm that. And i also agree that there are also experts from the great state of Texas where i lived almost half my life that can evaluate the piece. What i was disagreeing with was the portion of the comment discarding it's authenticity. I understand and respect that, but wanted to reconfirm that in my opinion along with many others that it is indeed authentic. I hope i corresponded it correctly this time. once again Joel - Thank You! Also, I will not be on here much longer. I put in a request this morning to have all of my posts deleted and membership cancelled. My return correspondence from TreasureNet on e-mail gave me confirmation #'s and said they will be in contact within 24 hrs. Wish you all the best and God Bless!

Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Glad I could make your day! Sorry to see you go.

I was hoping everyone could get a good learning experience now that that things seem to be leveling off a bit. But, you have to do what you have to do.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just made me smile really big! Thank you for that Joel! Haven't had much of that since being on the site. I did not explain my comment very well with just 3 words. The flint type is Llano River and in my original post i said that it was a Texas flint. And yes i 100% agree there are experts in Texas that can confirm that. And i also agree that there are also experts from the great state of Texas where i lived almost half my life that can evaluate the piece. What i was disagreeing with was the portion of the comment discarding it's authenticity. I understand and respect that, but wanted to reconfirm that in my opinion along with many others that it is indeed authentic. I hope i corresponded it correctly this time. once again Joel - Thank You! Also, I will not be on here much longer. I put in a request this morning to have all of my posts deleted and membership cancelled. My return correspondence from TreasureNet on e-mail gave me confirmation #'s and said they will be in contact within 24 hrs. Wish you all the best and God Bless!
We don't delete posts and threads, sorry to see you go but if your sure you want to leave just don't log in. At most we turn your user name to guest.

November 9, 2016 A New Future

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions