Hardstone Artifact(Bannerstone)

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey friends - Wanted to post a hardstone out of my collection. Thanks for all the likes and kind comments on my previous posts. Have a blessed day! royster points4.jpg

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mogi don't waste your time with naysayers. What you said is true. I bet I could find a flaw in the C.O.A. on certain pieces. What they don't know is ,that between the Cistercian monk and Jesuit priest. Their quality of stone work is often viewed as native American artifacts. I see it often over the past few years. In Grims new collection there are a few pieces made by a priest. Don't get me wrong all of them are fine pieces. There are only a few people i know who can tell. So don't worry Grim.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Like it say's - If YOU have any doubt JUST CALL!
"PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH THE CERTIFICATE NUMBER AND DATE AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO VERIFY THE COA FOR YOU"

Not provided by the double-super-secret cropping technique.

Actually are you John Royster?

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so you don't think I'm blowing smoke. This is a Jesuit made piece. All those marks are a part of their code
23eb06d40a35a5773384dc0200957d6c.jpg

The other is a totally different type example of the work.
18127fffe4799e3f165c137ad307c923.jpg

When turned sideways it show you another picture. If you don't see I will point it out.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
"PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH THE CERTIFICATE NUMBER AND DATE AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO VERIFY THE COA FOR YOU"

Not provided by the double-super-secret cropping technique.
Sir - I do not work for you. So what i would suggest is if you are really,really that determined and have the time - I would copy and paste the photo's of every point that i have posted and send them to the gentlemen that you referenced in regards to authenticity - including the huge spearpoint. But keep in mind he only has 45 years of field service and 25 years of academic studies and was taught by Greg Perrino. Maybe you have heard that name. Let me know what you find out. His # is on his page and he would probably greatly appreciate you for bringing to light that i am doing something like that and everything and every point or artifact i have posted are fakes. Let me and everyone else know your findings.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going away. Get use to it.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go away and leave me and my collection out of your crazy observations. Nothing I have was made by a Jesuit Priest. You have to be the most delusional person I have ever encountered on any web site. Jesuit symbols on a 4000 to 5000 year old Arrowhead. Yeah, right. SMFH!!!

THANK YOU GRIM!!!!! I've been keeping up with these threads JUST to see someone say THAT.......

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that supposed to mean something. Just because he said it. That's funny! Sorry Mogi for the arguments of the uninformed. As you can tell the steam is flowing in him.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not going away. Get use to it.

"The Dunning-Kruger effect, named after David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University, occurs where people fail to adequately assess their level of competence — or specifically, their incompetence — at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else. This lack of awareness is attributed to their lower level of competence robbing them of the ability to critically analyse their performance, leading to a significant overestimate of themselves.In simple words it's "people who are too stupid to know how stupid they are".

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just so you don't think I'm blowing smoke. This is a Jesuit made piece. All those marks are a part of their code

When turned sideways it show you another picture. If you don't see I will point it out.

i'd say ya can't make this stuff up, but then again, lol....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 82

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Do you freebase crack?

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a song we had to sing during cadences in Bootcamp...
Heeere we go again, same old song again.... some might know it;) haha

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't remember and I do. You posted the exact same thing before. Come on now you are repeating yourself Charl. You guys except things as face value. Sorry to say you just don't know what your looking at. It's OK I shouldn't expect you too. Unless you know the subjects. Like I said before. Just admit It and move on. It's not that hard guys. Stop bullying this person because you don't have what they do.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Replicating hard stone does not take a rocket man to do so, it's not that hard to fool 10x or 50x. 100x and up is were you will find the truth. To reproduce a hard stone artifact all they do is use modern tools with diamond bits, the right stone wheels and then remove the tool marks and then place the right looking marks where they should be. A flex scope is needed to look down inside a drilled hole and one with a strong magnifying power, because that's where they will make a mistake . Also the knowledge to know what you are looking at.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your so right monster.. the one your looking at was not made in this century or the one before that.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't remember and I do. You posted the exact same thing before. Come on now you are repeating yourself Charl. You guys except things as face value. Sorry to say you just don't know what your looking at. It's OK I shouldn't expect you too. Unless you know the subjects. Like I said before. Just admit It and move on. It's not that hard guys. Stop bullying this person because you don't have what they do.

I don't think anybody is being bullied at all. Bottom line is there are many many fake Artifacts in circulation. Some have COA's and some don't. When these pieces are passed off as the "real deal" only to find out that they're modern creations it hurts everyone in our community from the greenhorn all the way up to seasoned archeologists.
So when someone posts one amazing piece after another there is bound to be some skepticism. If people don't like being asked to show proof that a rare artifact is genuine then right off the bat red flags pop up. And rightly so.
Yes, it's everyone's right to give out whatever information they choose and that's fine, but you also can't complain when someone else questions its authenticity. I don't think it has anything to do with jealousy or bullying but quite the opposite. People are asking questions because they care about the integrity of the community as a whole. Every fake piece that's sold as authentic puts another black mark on all of us. And we will be the ones hurt the most. It could get to the point where nobody will be able to hunt,buy,sell or trade anything pertaining to NA artifacts and that's why there is some skepticism and questions.
Personally, I'm not saying his pieces are fake. I'm just saying I see where both sides are coming from. I think you might be projecting your feelings from some of your own past posts on to this particular thread because I don't see any Ill will be conveyed to Mogi. Just questions. Your post on the other hand was an Attack on members intelligence, experience and character which was uncalled for. Just sayin!

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am reluctant to enter this thread of fun...but I am curious about the Jesuit Priests that make artifacts....I personally know a Jesuit Priest and just wondered what you meant? The arrowhead is nice..it looks like that Tallahatta Quartz material I saw at a show once and the rock turned sideways looks like Abe Lincoln...but I am honestly confused about what the markings are and what the Jesuits have to do with it and what this has to do with the bannerstone pic. Thanks if you can clarify.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest concern to me is how Jesuit Priests put markings on a Point made thousands of years earlier than white man ever stepped foot in America. Those are some magical freakin' Priests right there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread