BIRDSTONE

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Birdstone1.jpg Birdstone2.jpg Hi everyone. Just wanted to say Good Morning and share another hardstone artifact. Have a blessed day!

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING ! Yet again, wow, to me that is the ultimate artifact....if only we knew what the heck they were used for ! That part drives me crazy...

Are they normally that large? For some reason I didn't picture them as being that large. They don't exist out west that I know of.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you my friend. These were used as ceremonial pieces tied to the head. Other's claim that they were actually used as weights for AtlAtl's. This is my largest one. I have others - Would you like to see them. They are the smaller ones that you are referring to i would bet. Thank you for the kind comment!

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can take this like a grain of salt or get upest, but please be careful when buying, ive already proven c.o.a.s are complete junk. But that peice is no good

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. I can't imagine how they made the pop-eyed ones. Seems it must have been a long tedious process.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can take this like a grain of salt or get upest, but please be careful when buying, ive already proven c.o.a.s are complete junk. But that peice is no good

Trevmma, will you elaborate? I know you have really explored how hard stone items are faked. If you don't want to share the observations you have made so as to not tip-off those that would fabricate these items, I totally understand. Any input you can provide though I know we would welcome.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no knowledge of these but they look nice, thanks for sharing

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone - I deeply apologize for all of this. I joined the forum to make some new friends and hopefully even meet some and go pick up some rocks. Just the opposite has happened and i feel it is my fault. If you ever have read my correspondence with my posts,it doesn't take long to realize that i am a believer in Our Lord. With that being said i want all of you to know that i have never posted a pic of an artifact that does not have at least 1 paper on it,except for the Mozarkite Birdpoint that i posted today. The best friend that i have gave it to me. Not only would he give me the shirt off his back,but would give me the point in his hand. I have used 3 different authenticators since starting my collection as i need those for insurance purposes and to legitimize value as they will be passed down. I have never sold an artifact in my life and do not plan to. I have showed you guy's pieces that i have personally found only to be discredited. I respect and understand everyone's skepticism of some of them as a lot of them are very high end items. It would do me no good whatsoever to show my Museum Grade as they would meet the same fate. I would never ever post anything on this or any other page that not only i, but my authenticators as well has approved. Once again - I Apologize to people who i have hurt with my posts. I will not post anymore but would like to continue following as i still have hopes of meeting new friends. Be kind to each other and God bless! Mogi

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Trevmma, will you elaborate? I know you have really explored how hard stone items are faked. If you don't want to share the observations you have made so as to not tip-off those that would fabricate these items, I totally understand. Any input you can provide though I know we would welcome.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...cts/509686-broken-birdstone-reproduction.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/north-american-indian-artifacts/465335-so-whats-your-thoughts.html

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO No need to apologize Mogi. I don't feel you have done anything wrong. You posted some pics of stuff you owned.
Yeah it is incredible stuff...and that makes people wake up in a big way.
Like you said no one else is being prompted to post paperwork. I guess I understand that side of it, if you were trying to sell stuff.

It's like any hobby there are many different people coming in from different angles. Be it coins, cars, rocks or basket weaving...
I think you got caught up in some other thing there that was around before you or I were ever here...I got lost in that thread pretty quick.
Anyway, I've enjoyed your posts and have appreciated your responses to my questions about your items. God bless

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO No need to apologize Mogi. I don't feel you have done anything wrong. You posted some pics of stuff you owned.
Yeah it is incredible stuff...and that makes people wake up in a big way.
Like you said no one else is being prompted to post paperwork. I guess I understand that side of it, if you were trying to sell stuff.

It's like any hobby there are many different people coming in from different angles. Be it coins, cars, rocks or basket weaving...
I think you got caught up in some other thing there that was around before you or I were ever here...I got lost in that thread pretty quick.
Anyway, I've enjoyed your posts and have appreciated your responses to my questions about your items. God bless

Thank you so much for the kind words my friend. I have not received many since joining this site. As kind and heartfelt as your words were - Your last two meant the most. God bless!!! Mogi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread