Illinois finds

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to get out to a field I used to hit about 15 years ago...these preforms stood out like sore thumbs...there's a couple broke and one that is serrated...mjm IMAG1027.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG1060.jpg here are a couple pieces one serrated and the other kind of an awl scraper Combo...

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's either a scraper or a preform..mjm IMAG1062.jpg

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One black preform...I only found one black artifact all the time that I hunted in Illinois...they are not the norm where I hunt..mjm IMAG1063.jpg

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting plowed cornfields was a treat for me...although the field hadn't been disced an needed rain.The white Flint stood out...I asked permission to hunt a farmers field...I told him I was from Maine and that I used to hunt this same field years ago....he was silent for a minute and then he said..Are you that guy that used to walk around with that kid on your shoulders?....I said yes sir that kid is turning twenty this year....he remembered us... IMAG0965.jpg

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you zoom in on that field picture.You can see the white Flint...I had found so many worked preforms that I had to start dumping them off in piles as I couldn't keep my pants pulled up from the weight...lol..mjm

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I have so much to learn.....

Nice spots you have. Good finds! :thumb_up:

OP
OP
mainejman

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well your in the right spot to learn.That and your in a very productive state to find them...Get permission in fields with waterways running through them...Familiarize yourself with the stone they used...and get after it if you can't find artifacts in Iowa...then you are walking around with your eyes closed...lol..mjm

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you that guy that used to walk around with that kid on your shoulders?....I said yes sir that kid is turning twenty this year....he remembered us...

That's awesome and very nice finds. Is the landowner interested in seeing what you find? Always curious if they really care or not, I'm sure some would.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its always a treat when you can look and keep your feet dry. Thats a neat story and him remembering you. Its a shame no rain had fell looks to be a plentiful field for artifacts, rock

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet finds, congrats...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread