Primary Interest:
Other
smith.jpg

Upvote 0

heysharkie

Dec 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Wray can you tell about this piece?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow- that is crazy! A mammoth killer!

I'm ignorant of all the different era's etc...how old is it?

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow- that is crazy! A mammoth killer!

I'm ignorant of all the different era's etc...how old is it?

Hey buddy - This piece is from what is called the Archaic Period. Estimated age is 6000-9000 before present time or B.P. It is from Webster County, Missouri. Thank you!

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Study Harder!
Meh, difficult to type when there is exactly zero provenance given for an artifact. May as well have been made in Malaysia for all the info that has been provided for it. Maybe we can get another cropped 'Certificate of Opinion'.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meh, difficult to type when there is exactly zero provenance given for an artifact. May as well have been made in Malaysia for all the info that has been provided for it. Maybe we can get another cropped 'Certificate of Opinion'.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Sir - Like i have already stated - If you do not want to view my artifacts then just ignore them and move on. If you take time to read the above comments you will see the area in which it was found. When you degrade certified artifacts and pretend to know more than an individual that does that field of study for a living then you are not making yourself look smarter. Also, i NEVER downplay or DEGRADE someones posts. I guess there is a difference in character between us.

Last edited:

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Sir - Like i have already stated - If you do not want to view my artifacts then just ignore them and move on. If you take time to read the above comments you will see the area in which it was found. When you degrade certified artifacts and pretend to know more than an individual that does that field of study for a living then you are not making yourself look smarter. Also, i NEVER downplay or DEGRADE someones posts. I guess there is a difference in character between us.

"Study Harder! " So that passive/aggressive jab is certainly a show of your "character"...

You are posting very questionable artifacts made from rare materials with very questionable 'Certificates of Opinion' and exactly zero provenance...where's the character in that?, Besides I have thus far refrained from stating what I believe most of your "artifacts" (not all) to be...and that not only shows restraint, but character as well.

If you take time to read the above comments you will see the area in which it was found. ]
Uh no, "BIG SMITH" is all you've provided.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
"Study Harder! " So that passive/aggressive jab is certainly a show of your "character"...

You are posting very questionable artifacts made from rare materials with very questionable 'Certificates of Opinion' and exactly zero provenance...where's the character in that?, Besides I have thus far refrained from stating what I believe most of your "artifacts" (not all) to be...and that not only shows restraint, but character as well.

Uh no, "BIG SMITH" is all you've provided.

Go to the kind post above. You are to busy looking for derogatory posts.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smith
Cluster: Etley Cluster

Commonly Utilized Material:

Date:
Cultural Period:
7,000 - 4,000 B.P.
Middle Archaic
Middle Holocene to
Neoglacial

Glacial Period:

Culture:

Outline is Representative of Size and Shape:

Description of Physical Characteristics and Flaking Pattern:

This is a large to very large triangular basal notch point with a flattened cross section. The blade is primarily excurvate in shape. Some examples have had an outward recurvate shape, and some heavily re-sharpened points may have a slight incurve blade. Notches enter from the base creating long barbs that generally extend all the way to the base of the point. The stem is primarily straight. The base is most commonly straight, but some examples have had a slightly convex base. This point has a random flaking pattern Smith.jpg Smith08.jpg SmithCM.jpg

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone - I deeply apologize for all of this. I joined the forum to make some new friends and hopefully even meet some and go pick up some rocks. Just the opposite has happened and i feel it is my fault. If you ever have read my correspondence with my posts,it doesn't take long to realize that i am a believer in Our Lord. With that being said i want all of you to know that i have never posted a pic of an artifact that does not have at least 1 paper on it,except for the Mozarkite Birdpoint that i posted today. The best friend that i have gave it to me. Not only would he give me the shirt off his back,but would give me the point in his hand. I have used 3 different authenticators since starting my collection as i need those for insurance purposes and to legitimize value as they will be passed down. I have never sold an artifact in my life and do not plan to. I have showed you guy's pieces that i have personally found only to be discredited. I respect and understand everyone's skepticism of some of them as a lot of them are very high end items. It would do me no good whatsoever to show my Museum Grade as they would meet the same fate. I would never ever post anything on this or any other page that not only i, but my authenticators as well has approved. Once again - I Apologize to people who i have hurt with my posts. I will not post anymore but would like to continue following as i still have hopes of meeting new friends. Be kind to each other and God bless! Mogi

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a beautiful piece. I would not let a few comments make you quit posting/interacting.

Sometimes it's hard to get the right "tone" of message across in text.

JJ1965

Jul 27, 2016
Blythewood, SC
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's a beautiful piece. I would not let a few comments make you quit posting/interacting.

Sometimes it's hard to get the right "tone" of message across in text.

Or, if you want to brag and show off all of your "artifacts", just go ahead and post up the COA's and let everyone know who actually certified them as authentic. If they are authentic, and if the person who hung the paper on them is legit, they will have no problem with their names being released. The only reason not to post the name of the authenticator is that the paper is no more authentic than the artifacts. Anyone can make up a fake certification on their scanner or printer. Why would you not want to disclose who papered the points? Just one legitimate reason?

Triumph

Oct 7, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess that is the problem with buying them and not finding them on site.
That's why I don't do that, I like to know what else was found with them. I don't have the finds of a life time but I know what I found and where.
I don't need to get a COA as they are for me only.

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know nothing about the point in this post, but in my area of the SE, there are only a couple people that I would put in the upper echelon of typing points and I greatly respect their opinion. I would like to think I am up there with them. Authenticating papers don't mean anything to me. I prefer to find my points because I know they are real.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread