603.4 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Looks like a piece that is 100% natural.

Perhaps backwoods bob will chime in with his opinion.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, just a natural rock... Better luck next time...

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry, just a natural rock... Better luck next time...

Thanks but I absolutely can't imagine it being a natural rock... Firstly there's barely any rocks where I have found it, secondly the waste majority of those that are present are of a rounded shape. Also, in the last pic, there are two dents, one on each side of it - that is clearly worked.
I might be mistaken, but this rock has perfect 45 degrees sides and is cut on so many sides in almost perfect angle.... Maybe my pictures are not clear or maybe I'm new to this and a bit naive... In any case, thank you for your opinion.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
well perhaps it was being worked on and it broke which made it useless. remember too, for the most part artifacts are going to have a an obvious use, common shape and modern counterpart. It is also true that different kinds of rocks fracture with perfect corners and flat straight surfaces.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you feel very strongly that it's an artifact go back to that spot and try to find some of the remaining pieces.
The areas that would stick out to me would be pic #1,#2,#6. That's what you should focus on. Not the angles of the rock because nature does make straight angled rocks.
There looks to be some notching and engraving on it. Keep in mind this also happens in nature "a lot".
This is how you learn. So do some closer examinations of the piece and try to find any missing pieces. Easier said than done I know but this could be your first investigation into a find.
I would say natural rock from my personal experience but that's just my opinion. Happy Hunting and good luck!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks but I absolutely can't imagine it being a natural rock... Firstly there's barely any rocks where I have found it, secondly the waste majority of those that are present are of a rounded shape. Also, in the last pic, there are two dents, one on each side of it - that is clearly worked.
I might be mistaken, but this rock has perfect 45 degrees sides and is cut on so many sides in almost perfect angle.... Maybe my pictures are not clear or maybe I'm new to this and a bit naive... In any case, thank you for your opinion.

I have actually found thousands just like yours. Nothing in pictures I see says worked by man..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions