A Few Of My Better Personal Finds

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything you see here will be a personal find. No need for any COA's on any of these pieces and I will give info on every piece.

This is a 3/4 Grooved Axe I found in Lawrence county near the town of Miller on a tomato farm. This was found on 12/18/08 so almost 8 years ago to the day. This farm is about a little over and hour drive so I usually only make it up that way once, maybe twice, per year. The only reason I was in the area at that time was having to update my security clearance for the chemical plant I was working for. I decided to go up and check this field since I was only about 15 minutes away and I called my brother and asked where the best spots were since he hunted more than I did. He told to go through the gate to go left to the far end and that was where he found the most.

I headed that way and found a couple small Points and some Scrapers. I stopped and looked around me as I do quite often to see if anything is laying flat out and I saw some green about 25 feet away. As I got closer and could see the edge I thought for sure it was a Celt and I was shocked to see the groove as I got closer. The third picture is what I saw as I walked straight at the blade edge and then I saw the raised ridge.

This is made from Granite Pophyry and I don't have the exact measurements but is a little over 5 inches long. The last two picture show it right out of the ground after washing it off in a ditch line.

Attachments

• Axe20.jpg
    Axe20.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Axe01.jpg
    Axe01.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Axe02.jpg
    Axe02.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Axe03.jpg
    Axe03.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 121
  • Axe25.jpg
    Axe25.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Axe05.jpg
    Axe05.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Axe06.jpg
    Axe06.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Great finds Steve, I remember most of them vividly.

I think the most impressive part of Steves collection is the quantity/quality ratio and well laid out cases. He's built an awesome collection through miles and years of walking, and displays them well.

(It's been quite a few years, but I saw it in person at a show once.)

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive finds!! They're all in such great shape. The shots in the field make the pieces even more exciting to appreciate! Reeally liking that grooved axe though!

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Steve, I remember most of them vividly.

I think the most impressive part of Steves collection is the quantity/quality ratio and well laid out cases. He's built an awesome collection through miles and years of walking, and displays them well.

(It's been quite a few years, but I saw it in person at a show once.)

Thanks Joshua. That means a lot coming from someone with a collection as impressive as yours.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
bravo...great thread, great read...i only wish there was more of it. your insitu's are great but like what was said...how can you contain yourself. I picked up a point on the beach yesterday and it was in my hand before i could blink.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUTSTANDING PICS GR!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are sooooo right about NOT needing coa's when you find them yourself and mean SOOOOO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!! Hope to meet up with you at a show sometime... Keep up the great work for yourself and the hobby!!!!

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful and thrilling artifacts Grim. Thank you for sharing your finds, enhanced by the details and memories of their discoveries. They are all rare and exceptional pieces of ancient stonework, that I am sure it took lots of knowledge, determination, and effort to locate. I am partial to the worked flint pieces, and keep eye-fondling your Thebes and Lost Lake with those incredible notches. HH

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for showing, these are exceptionnal artifacts. It was a pleasure reading also, thanks Grim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions