McKean complex

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This has been a group of people that I have learned from for the area I search. Malory, not so much Duncan but Hanna is prevalent Yonkee is nothing more than a hanna on steroids DSCN1760.JPG DSCN2184.JPG DSCN1766.JPG .

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What state are you finding these? The 3rd picture looks like the small point I found recently on the front range of Colorado, which folks here identified as a mcKean artifact.

OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What state are you finding these? The 3rd picture looks like the small point I found recently on the front range of Colorado, which folks here identified as a mcKean artifact.

The first pic was found Hemet area of Montana the second pic was found In summit Colorado the third pic was found around Rainey Butte North Dakota

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Nice points, the notching on that one is very deep, can't say I've seen many like that, what is the type?

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great examples chase. I have at least one and maybe two examples from Colorado. The third Point from the left in the top row of the 1st picture I was told was a McKean and I think the broken one at the top of the 2nd picture may be one. The last picture is my Colorado tray.

Attachments

• Colorado Artifacts (26).jpg
    Colorado Artifacts (26).jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Colorado Artifacts (11).jpg
    Colorado Artifacts (11).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Colorado Artifacts (5).jpg
    Colorado Artifacts (5).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 64

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point in your second photo sure looks like a Buffalo Gap.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I never was sure what it was. These were gifts from a member on Arrowheadology but unfortunately I lost all of my info in a flash drive crash so I'm not sure who it was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread