my pot

dump_digger

Dec 22, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's prizm 950
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I mentioned in another thread I would post a picture of the first thing I found, which is the large pot in this picture (sorry about the quality, my dad took it sitting on the couch and I had to do some considerable cropping). When I was younger I loved to pot hunt and I was little and would basically climb down into any hole anyone could find (The Native Americans in this area were known to hide their pots in the considerable number of caves and crevices that are around). My Uncle Richard stuffed my into a little hole, which turned into a much bigger space and I found this. I was on family private property at the time.

2488.jpeg

In the picture you can also see a matate, mano's and hammers.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

dump_digger

Dec 22, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's prizm 950
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll ask my dad to take it out of that shelf and get some better pictures. This one is the biggest me or any of my brothers have found, but not really the nicest as it's not even painted. I think it was probably just an everyday water jug type of thing. You can't see in the picture but there is a part on the rim that has been notched out, I assume for pouring.
About 25 years ago one of my brothers had me crawl into a cave. It had a really narrow opening and I was on my stomach scooting in and then it dropped down a bit to a pretty good sized room. In the middle was a beautiful black on red pot. But all around the pot was a huge pack rat nest complete with far too many pack rats. I didn't get that pot, and I've never crawled into a cave again.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds.... The pack rat cave I'll go in and give you whatever's in there ...lol .. I can't imagine finding something that cool that hasn't been seen or touched by anybody in thousands of years

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really awesome find!

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a story....that's an awesome find ! Did you find anything else in that same opening?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread