1.3 MB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like 2017 is going to be your year for finds. Those are awesome! The one on the right in the first pic, is it a base of a broke? I'm going to try and get out tomorrow and some the rest of the long weekend and see how the creek is looking. Hoping it won't be too muddy since the snow has melted and it's supposed to rain tonight but might sneak upstream and see how it's looking.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that one right of center looks like a base also. Very cool stuff !

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like 2017 is going to be your year for finds. Those are awesome! The one on the right in the first pic, is it a base of a broke? I'm going to try and get out tomorrow and some the rest of the long weekend and see how the creek is looking. Hoping it won't be too muddy since the snow has melted and it's supposed to rain tonight but might sneak upstream and see how it's looking.

It looked like something when it was dirty but now looks like a piece of material that never got worked. But on the better side this is a small crude point which I though was just a cool flake.

Attachments

• SDC12046.JPG
    SDC12046.JPG
    657.3 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are on a good spot Rock, nice finds:icon_thumleft:

Ive found some nice ones there 2 years ago. They turned the field since and with the snow it has just about killed the cover crop and left some vacant spots clear. I looked in the spots and found some good things. Its warm now so the grass will be growing in soon.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that one right of center looks like a base also. Very cool stuff !

The little blue one? Its a point missing the right half. Either a bad impact fracture or the disc got it.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a broke drill in the first pic on the right?

Both pieces use to be points at one time. The left one they turned into a hafted scraper the right one they made a tool out of it for cutting. The point looks old by the base but could be a Woodland point called Candy Creek turned into a tool.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a grainy looking piece that is dark in color 2nd row to the right. It has a notch on each side. Its not strong enough of material to be for cutting. I believe it is part of a gorget or something along those lines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread