1.1 MB · Views: 132
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but those show no evidence of ever being altered by man so they are just naturally formed stones and not artifacts.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree .... Although the second has the shape of an arrow head there's no visible flaking or work I'm guessing they were found near water which can wear rocks down but there would still be visible signs of the stone being altered. IMHO

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natural stones

November 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

OP
OP
sanddown

sanddown

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2017
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope

It looks like the long one may be a tool.

I just started looking for site this week! I believe the third picture down is something also I have to have a picture of the back. Its hard to tell from the picture but it had perfect symmetry. With one side broken or ear. Like a rounded tipped triangle with curved in edges on each side for ether shaving bark or a pendant? I too also believe that long stone is for cutting grooves in stone or wood?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All rocks from what I see no tool. On the 2nd one though I know it has the rite shape can we see both sides and a edge shot just to be sure?

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started looking for site this week! I believe the third picture down is something also I have to have a picture of the back. Its hard to tell from the picture but it had perfect symmetry. With one side broken or ear. Like a rounded tipped triangle with curved in edges on each side for ether shaving bark or a pendant? I too also believe that long stone is for cutting grooves in stone or wood?

As I said, nothing you have pictured there shows any evidence of being altered or used by man. All natural stones.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Probably a better approach, when one is brand new to the hobby, is to learn what tools from a particular region look like. If one starts out knowing little or even next to nothing, and then picks up rocks that one thinks might be something, one is going to be far less successful. Always best to view as many real artifacts, in private collections, in museums, online, etc. before going out to look for artifacts. Trying to learn it by picking up rocks with no experience in what actual artifacts look like is somewhat going about things the hard way.

Scorpio_queen6

Jun 13, 2016
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The long one may be an artifact. I don't really know much, Im new to this site and rock/artifact hunting. I just wanted to leave my opinion because no one seems to answer my threads lol. The others could be something too. Don't give up hope! Maybe show someone in person who works in an artifact museum. Good luck! Check out my threads if you want and let me know if you believe any of my pics may be something.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look for signs of use when you check out rocks,like this very hard hamerstone hammer stone 004.JPG

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The long one may be an artifact. I don't really know much, Im new to this site and rock/artifact hunting. I just wanted to leave my opinion because no one seems to answer my threads lol. The others could be something too. Don't give up hope! Maybe show someone in person who works in an artifact museum. Good luck! Check out my threads if you want and let me know if you believe any of my pics may be something.

Try to understand that the poster received good, highly experienced opinions right here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread