Possible Native American Artifacts ? Please help me figure it out!

Scorpio_queen6

Jun 13, 2016
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please give me any feedback you can about the stones I have. I know that some maybe nothing but a weird shaped rock, but I would appreciate any feedback!The last Picture with rock marked #20 has perfect finger placements, and a flat bottom. I will letter each picture A,B,C,D....

A: Grinding stones?
IMG_4018.jpg

B: (Two Pics)
IMG_4021.jpg
IMG_4023.jpg

C: Found in Vermont (Two Pics)
IMG_4024.jpg
IMG_4025.jpg

D: Stone Axe? (Two Pics)
IMG_4026.jpg
IMG_4027.jpg

E:
IMG_4034.jpg
IMG_4035.jpg
IMG_4038.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Scorpio_queen6

Scorpio_queen6

Jun 13, 2016
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any input on my pictures?? please help. I drove an hour away today to a mineral and artifact museum to only find out they were closed. Then went to a mineral store and the guy was trying to charge me 15 dollars per rock just to look at it.:( i didn't do it obviously. I just want some feedback.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me when I 1st started hunting. Just so you know there is no place I know of that will have them just littered all over the ground. When I go out I am lucky to find 1 nice hard stone a year and 1 nice worked point a week or longer. What you have there is a pile of rocks.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All natural weathered stones, no signs of being worked by man,

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do not see anything but rocks also,keep at it though.it is a tough thing to tell you,but if you keep at it you will see why we tell you this.

OP
OP
Scorpio_queen6

Scorpio_queen6

Jun 13, 2016
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? #21 has snapping marks all over it so it looks worked. Are you guys sure? Please take another look at the closer pictures I put up.
and btw, I know they are not littered all over the ground. Ive gone to many different places over the past year. I don't pick up every rock I see...
knap rock.jpg

# 13 is definitely not "withered rock" because of the shape
Triangle Leaf Shape.jpg

#20 Found in Vermont. Has perfect finger placements like if it was once use to crush something. Bottom is flat and the stone is very hard.
Palm Rock VT.jpg

#6 was found in Vermont. The reason I believed it was an artifact was because of this picture ( with the pink background) I saw online. Its how they used to shape their arrows. The rock that I found is a similar shape, and half of it is broken off. You can tell by one side being flush and the other cracked.
Arrow sharpener.jpg
IMG_3664.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, while some of those resemble the artifacts you speak of, those are all natural stones.
Grim Reaper is correct all are natural rocks you can't go off of shape , Mother Nature can form any shape you can think of.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
i do not see anything but rocks also,keep at it though.it is a tough thing to tell you,but if you keep at it you will see why we tell you this.

Yes,what jamey and rock said, but keep at it. You WILL FIND AN ARTIFACT! Just keep in mind though - The first is free but then your hooked! Keep a huntin!:icon_thumleft:

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a rock and mineral/fossil store near me, he used to charge $10 to examine a rock. The NJ state museum had Indian relics before, best to go on the weekend for traffic. Do you metal detect? Sometimes you can do both, keeping an eye for odd shaped rocks while swinging your detector. Fossils can be found too, even in those larger river stones they use for landscaping. I've found shell fossils in many of them, nobody looks at them, golf ball to larger sized stones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread