Sad News

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My good friend and fellow artifact collector Jay Cliett died yesterday from complications of stomach cancer. You may have known Jay as Americus on this forum. Jay looked for artifacts more than any person I've ever known and loved it more than anyone. His smile will forever be etched in my mind and I saw it every time I ever saw him. I will miss him.

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
sorry to hear this news, his posts were frequent and welcome. Too many folks leaving us.

Triumph

Oct 7, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bow Only,
Losing someone we have experienced so much joy with is not easy, but knowing that you have been able to be a part of his life, we can realize that we have all been blessed. I am sure you will feel him looking down over your shoulder the next time you head out to hunt. My condolences. We will miss his expertise and sharing his joy with this board.

Ernie

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to hear of this Americus always had some nice finds with the greatest colors. RIP my friend:angel7: you will be missed.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many remarkable people are lost to this disease. My Condolences to his family and friends. I'm sorry for your loss.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Jay was as nice a fellow as they come, and smart too. He was actually a Doctor of Mathematics who had retired after many years of teaching at Georgia Southwestern University, much loved by his many students which was easy to understand because he truly loved his students as well. He spent every free minute of his retirement hunting artifacts, living the dream we all have to look for arrowheads whenever we feel like it, all the time! Every find was individually wrapped in a Ziploc sandwich bag with the date and site where found. I'll sure miss him and hate that he didn't have more years to enjoy the hobby he loved so.

OP
OP
Bow Only

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, cancer is a huge problem these days and I'll let you guys in on something that the medical community doesn't know about because the establishment doesn't want them to know about it. I'm a pharmacist that specializes in medical research. Cancer is a polyamine driven disease. That means that an overproduction of polyamines leads to cancer. There are a number of things that can lead to this that I'm sure I can't explain them in terms most will understand, so just remember this. Polyamines are biogenic compounds that work on the cellular level and they are laden with nitrogen. Eating protein increases our problems when we have cancer because of two reasons: 1. it increases the extracellular levels of spermine and spermidine. 2. It is broken down into acids which is also a problem with cancer. Cancer cells are surrounded by an area of hyperglycemia and hyperacidity. This prevents our immune system from being able to eliminate the cancer cells. There is a large volume of published research on this but it is unknown to the medical community. I have spoken to dozens of physicians and none of them even understand what I'm saying. They don't know cellular biology and biochemistry enough to follow me.

I don't want to get on a soapbox but I wish people would listen. My Dad died of cancer and he wouldn't listen to me. He did everything the oncologist told him contrary to my wishes. My Dad had an 18% chance of living 5 years and he still wouldn't listen. I haven't spent years researching for nothing. Please only eat very limited amount of protein if you get cancer. I am a huge bow hunter and I've reduced my protein intake even though I did not want to. There is a lot that I'm leaving out but this isn't the time or place.

Triumph

Oct 7, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Bow Only I know a little about Spermine and extracellular acidic conditions. It also increases damage in Ischemic strokes (TIA) which I had about 3 years ago. I should have been taking my blood pressure medicine. I found out I had high blood pressure 10 years ago when I beat Legionnaires disease. I have dodged a couple of bullets. After my stoke I decided I was going to do some stuff I had always wanted to do before my time was up. And you guessed it that is when I started looking for arrowheads.
I am an old MedTech I worked in Hematology and Leukaemia in kids in the middle 80's before bone marrow transplants, it changed my life for the good but was tough see all those kids die.
I still work hard but I play hard too. Life can leave you at any time enjoy what is left and Love your family and friends.
Did not mean to hijack the thread my prayers are with you and Jay's Family.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this.He was always out looking and showing us his finds.another good one gone.

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no! Sorry for your loss..Enjoyed seeing posts and much respect for a fellow collector...Hopefully his memory will go on through his artifacts as they were obviously a very important part of his life..r.I.p.Americus...mjm

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry for the loss of your friend, I remember his posts....

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear, it is hard to loose a friend.

GoldenEagle09

May 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear. Sounds like a good man, gone too soon. I enjoyed seeing those great SW Georgia Artifacts. My prayers go out to his family

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was hoping he would pull through it. He had told me when I noticed I hadnt heard my phone ring with a insitu of a big point coming from Jay for a while. I wasnt told he passed. I sent him a text yesterday when the Falcons won but didnt get a response and was wondering, well now I know. Rest in Peace my friend and we will get together in the next life when its my turn and find some Killers together. Thank you Bow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions