Searching for arrowheads

Joeyfredrick

Greenie
Jan 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since finding my first arrowhead in a nearby Creek I've become hooked on finding what else might be out there. So far I've found what appear to be really cool fossils but no arrows.. anyone have any tips on how to go about finding artifacts? My current method is walking through creek and scanning the bottom for anything that jumps out as a possible artifact. IMG_0108.JPG IMG_0109.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what state are you hunting?

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever creek you are hunting is an old one that cuts through the fossil layer and more than likely there are artifacts in it. Just keep your eyes on the ground because if you can find the fossil's then you will spot an artifact.:thumbsup: Good luck an Welcome to T-net:hello:

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool. I would focus on the sand bars that have multiple streams converging into one location. Sharp bends, large fallen trees where the roots in water, eroded river banks. These are just some basic spots to check that have proved fruitful when hunting.
There are many other methods but you seem to be in a good area for fossils at least so I'm sure you'll have some great finds!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing it right, just be patient and you'll find 'em. Looks like you're in a good location and as mentioned, also look those gravel bars as well. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Central Texas. Well known to be Comanche territory at one time.

I can tell from hunting in that part of the state of Tx. find a stream and a flat area along that water way with a hill on the north or northwest side with the flat below it and dig. Every place like that had occupation at one time or another.

OP
OP
Joeyfredrick

Joeyfredrick

Greenie
Jan 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can tell from hunting in that part of the state of Tx. find a stream and a flat area along that water way with a hill on the north or northwest side with the flat below it and dig. Every place like that had occupation at one time or another.

There are plenty of places like what you described at a nearby creek. I'm definitely going to try this - thanks for the advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread