INSANE CUMBERLAND(Serrated & Doubled Fluted)

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
cum1.jpg cum2.jpg cum3.jpg cum4.jpg cum5.jpg cum6.jpg This beautiful piece was dug out of a dirt pile during a basement dig in Scott County Tennessee in 1969. This is one of my finest pieces and has heavy residue,minerals and patination. Also found was its brother although he was broken. This artifact has been deemed Museum Grade on paper and DEF meets that criteria when held in hand and under the scope. It was made from Buffalo River and measures just shy of 4 1/2 inches. This is a large Cumberland with fluting all the way to the ends, and is also a rarity as it is serrated as well. Enjoy my friends!

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that is really cool Mogi !

I am pretty new at all of these different types of artifacts. (we alway just called em' arrowheads!)

How were these dove tail type ones attached?

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That man knew how to work a rock! Nice piece.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely one of the most beautiful NA artifacts I have seen.
HH
dts

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
That is indeed insane Mogi. I am glad you know your stuff! I am afraid that if someone had given that point to me I would have dismissed it as plaster repro with a strangely crafted patina. I would have tossed away a perfectly awesome point out of sheer ignorance!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is indeed insane Mogi. I am glad you know your stuff! I am afraid that if someone had given that point to me I would have dismissed it as plaster repro with a strangely crafted patina. I would have tossed away a perfectly awesome point out of sheer ignorance!

Actually, no you wouldn't have.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky

Actually, no you wouldn't have.

Perhaps he's being sarcastic?

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
INSANE CUMBERLAND

in·sane
inˈsān/
adjective
adjective: insane
in a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior, or social interaction; seriously mentally ill.
"certifying patients as clinically insane"
synonyms:mentally ill, mentally disordered, of unsound mind, certifiable

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you so much!

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus

Perhaps he's being sarcastic?

Indeed I was 1320 :icon_thumright:

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! That's a beauty !

Top Member Reactions