Beautiful Missouri Pieces (Points,Tools,Knife,Spade)

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been doing most of my hunting lately in Missouri. Some in Kansas and going back to Arkansas soon. Here are a few Missouri pieces. The small Turtleback Scraper at bottom left is almost completely translucent and the spade was a gift from my buddy. missouri pieces.jpg Enjoy friends.:hello:

Upvote 0

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mogi, I believe some of your posts are causing a controversy because many of us lifetime collectors have never found the quality and type of artifacts you are finding. It's not that we're jealous, it's just that we also have very good sites to look and in many many years of looking, we don't find anything similar to what you're finding. It is difficult to believe and knowing that purchasing high end artifacts is hit or miss and often they are a miss. Before you down the knowledge of some of our members, realize that I could authenticate artifacts but I choose not to. People often don't like what I have to say on their bought pieces. Everyone can be fooled, including good authenticators. I am friends with the best there is and he will tell you the same.

I asked earlier what state those points were found in. You did not answer. Not providing simple information on points you show pictures of can lead to more negative comments about your artifacts. Stating something like "I found this" or "I bought this" can often help inform the members and decrease controversy.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Stories do not make an artifact authentic. For instance,i could tell a lie that everyone believes and hey - My artifact is legit! Bow Only, you have been kind to me on this site and just so you know - i was providing material,location,etc in my early posts but stopped doing that because the experts were saying its not real because its wrong location,providence,area,material,etc. So i just decided to just share my artifacts and you either believe or you dont. I do not have to prove anything to these people and frankly myself and many others are fed up with their attitudes.

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Never ever make demeaning comments
That's a lie, you talk trash all the time and "like" posts that do the same.
You never answer any of the legitimate questions put to you by members that have not ever questioned any of your pieces...because you don't have answers... it's all smoke and mirrors...and repros, lots and lots of repros.

Chessmen Trip

Feb 6, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stories do not make an artifact authentic. For instance,i could tell a lie that everyone believes and hey - My artifact is legit! Bow Only, you have been kind to me on this site and just so you know - i was providing material,location,etc in my early posts but stopped doing that because the experts were saying its not real because its wrong location,providence,area,material,etc. So i just decided to just share my artifacts and you either believe or you dont. I do not have to prove anything to these people and frankly myself and many others are fed up with their attitudes.

I actually went 3 4 5 and 6 pages back and looked at your previous posts, seems you and Tonykidd can't catch a break. You seem like a nice enough guy and I don't know why you'd lie. I'll continue to enjoy both your content and the always anticipated negative responses. :tongue3:

I only wish I had knowledge in the subject so that I could join the debate!

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually went 3 4 5 and 6 pages back and looked at your previous posts, seems you and Tonykidd can't catch a break. You seem like a nice enough guy and I don't know why you'd lie. I'll continue to enjoy both your content and the always anticipated negative responses. :tongue3:

I only wish I had knowledge in the subject so that I could join the debate!

Thank you so much kind sir! Sorry for the brash behavior today, but everyone has a limit. Respect, Mogi

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i really want to stay out of all this,but you have ruffled alot of ones feathers on this site.i really like to see what one has found,not bought.if you are buying just be carefull,if you are trying to sell,id go somewhere else.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
i really want to stay out of all this,but you have ruffled alot of ones feathers on this site.i really like to see what one has found,not bought.if you are buying just be carefull,if you are trying to sell,id go somewhere else.

Oh buddy! No! Got ya in their grips too? Where have i ever said anything about selling? Also, people keep saying that i buy all my artifacts. So,so wrong!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good you don't buy all your artifacts but once people doubted the authenticity of other pieces you have to understand the replies. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok,it is just that ive been on this site so long.there are some really good ones on this site mogi,and some who think they have a phd in artifacts,i get that.if you are a good person mogi,the truth really does not make a noise.

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not taking sides here because I really don't know enough to do so.. maybe one day I will be more knowledgeable and can engage because I always enjoy a good debate!

I would like to hear from the members who are skeptical of this particular set of artifacts as to why they appear to be repros. For the members who are learning, such as myself, it is helpful to know what to look for. I have learned a lot from following these debates but I don't think anyone has actually pointed out specifically what it is about these artifacts that makes them appear to be fake. I know there were some questions to Mogi that were unanswered early on as well so responding to those questions would be helpful.

As a novice, I look at these artifacts and see some imperfections and even some damage which would lead me to believe that they may be real. If I'm going to fake something, why not make sure it is perfect? What am I missing? The third Dalton from the right stands out to me as being off but what do I know? Again, not defending one way or the other, just trying to understand.

Thanks,

BG

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a novice, I look at these artifacts and see some imperfections and even some damage which would lead me to believe that they may be real. If I'm going to fake something, why not make sure it is perfect? What am I missing? The third Dalton from the right stands out to me as being off but what do I know? Again, not defending one way or the other, just trying to understand.

Posting this here to address your question, not to impugn Mogi, but there are several fakers that make reproductions that are slightly less than symmetrical, have an errant flake or two, and even artificially patinate their work, then add a small "harrow strike" to disturb the patina in that spot to make it look like it just came out of the field. There are some extremely talented (for lack of a better term) fakers who can fool even the experts, whether to intentionally deceive and profit, or just to see as some sort of personal challenge how realistic an artifact they can produce. Exactly why this doofus doesn't buy artifacts, with the exception of the three in 30 years mentioned in an earlier post.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You do not tell me to do anything!!!!!!!!!!!! I do what i want! I will repeat myself - I am not looking for your approval, and this just shows me once again that you can not be trusted because - YOU HAVE MADE MANY NASTY POSTS ABOUT ME AND MY ARTIFACTS. LET IT GO and go back to your buddies!

Wow. The butthurt is strong in this one......

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're probably right, rock. You know he posted these pics, that one piece caught my eye, kinda does look like it's manufactured, and I seriously just wanted a little more info on it. I don't give a rat's *ss where he got it. My question was about how it was used, material, how it was made, etc. But I get a whole stream of screaming and yelling and arguing. Pretty sad mogi you proceed with some sort of b*tch fight with your buddies rather than telling me about that piece. That's alright; I'll never ask for more info on any of your posts and recommend everyone else do the same.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grim, you make life worth living...at least until you come a' knockin'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread