Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wish to find one ;) Is it jasper? Just curious.

OP
OP
G

GarbageCollector

Feb 23, 2016
Southwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wish to find one ;) Is it jasper? Just curious.

Thanks, everyone. bill_wabo, I wish I could tell you if it was jasper but I have no idea honestly. I'm pretty good at finding them, but have a lot to learn as far as identifying types and materials.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You certainly have an eye for those treasures ;) I think in our part of the country where I live, I think all the points and artefacts have been raked by the glaciers thousands years ago. Some have been found along sided of the St Francis river, from Megantic to (of course) Odanak. To my knowledge, only a dozen Clovis points were found on our territory. Seems the variety is at the south of our border ;)

OP
OP
G

GarbageCollector

Feb 23, 2016
Southwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that most of the artifacts would've been made and used after the glaciers receded, but I could be wrong. Most of the artifacts in my part of Georgia, to my knowledge, are from a couple thousand to a couple hundred years ago when the Creeks were pushed back. Google Earth is a useful tool for spotting likely areas to search. I few years ago I decided to plot where I was finding alot of flakes, broken points, and a few good ones on a satellite map of our property. It ended up being an almost straight line all the way across, which would indicate a small migration route. Who knows how long it was in use, but it was very interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread