rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well went to the creek today and found me a nice quartz point not sure on the type due to quartz is hard for me to guess. But its big for my area just under 3 inches in length. Going to the show tomorrow and this one will be in my display frame of my personal finds. Saved it just in time to by the long fracture down the middle another tumble and would of been another broke find for me Im sure. All of the creatures are coming out now I saw a big beaver which slapped its tail on the water and scared me to death while I was enjoying the quiet, a box turtle and some frogs. Bugs were swarming but no snakes just yet which I am happy about. rock

Attachments

• SDC12164.JPG
    SDC12164.JPG
    651.1 KB · Views: 90
  • SDC12165.JPG
    SDC12165.JPG
    692.8 KB · Views: 91
  • SDC12160.JPG
    SDC12160.JPG
    747.3 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! The Quartz piece Looks like a knife but it could also just be a heavily tumbled point. Nice save! Enjoy the show!!!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds..... I had a goose come out of nowhere today and run straight at me before he glanced off and flew away..... A lot bigger and faster than I realized when they are charging lol

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds..... I had a goose come out of nowhere today and run straight at me before he glanced off and flew away..... A lot bigger and faster than I realized when they are charging lol

That's funny I can relate! One time I was balancing myself on some sketchy creek stones to pick up what could of been a nice point. As I bent down to grab it a Giant Juice Head Swan came hissing and flexing their giant wings at me haha. It took me completely by surprise and I fell in the creek. This damn this chased me a good 30 feet with Me laughing and cursing the whole time.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny I can relate! One time I was balancing myself on some sketchy creek stones to pick up what could of been a nice point. As I bent down to grab it a Giant Juice Head Swan came hissing and flexing their giant wings at me haha. It took me completely by surprise and I fell in the creek. This damn this chased me a good 30 feet with Me laughing and cursing the whole time.

Lol was it atleast a point or just a pretender ? Hopefully it wasn't too cold out. A few weeks ago I was so focused on looking at the ground and not my surrounding it could have been bad. My wife started pushing my back saying "walk faster walk faster" I looked back and there was the biggest beaver I've ever seen propped up like a prairie dog just staring at us I had to of walked rite in front of him. It looked more like a fat chocolate lab than a beaver this thing was huge and deff could have got me if it wanted to.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beauty of a quartz point and nice save on it! Love the others too and the yellow one is interesting. Love the stories everyone is telling, now feel the need to tell my weird scary bird encounters from the past. Both hawks, once one thought my hair clip was food and flapped it's wings right up on the back of my head while turning away when it realized it wasn't food and scared me half to death and I don't wear the clip back there anymore! the other time I was standing in the middle of the creek looking for stuff and there are several bends in this section, a hawk was flying the bends and skimmed my shoulder but kept right on flying upstream. The biggest bird out there is a blue crane, startles easily, gawkily flies off and hilarious to see.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol was it atleast a point or just a pretender ? Hopefully it wasn't too cold out. A few weeks ago I was so focused on looking at the ground and not my surrounding it could have been bad. My wife started pushing my back saying "walk faster walk faster" I looked back and there was the biggest beaver I've ever seen propped up like a prairie dog just staring at us I had to of walked rite in front of him. It looked more like a fat chocolate lab than a beaver this thing was huge and deff could have got me if it wanted to.

That's actually a great question! I have no idea lol. One day I'll man up and check the area again haha..

If you were kneeling down to check out a spot close to the beaver its very capable of slicing a vital organ or something with those Giant buck teeth or claws. You never know.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! The Quartz piece Looks like a knife but it could also just be a heavily tumbled point. Nice save! Enjoy the show!!!

It is a knife a Ledbetter 2nd one I have found in that area. But the other is made from flint.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just so happens I walked rite in front of its house and didnt even notice it till after I got pass. Sometimes they just live under a pile of sticks. Most here live in the banks under the trees that are still alive but not this big fat sucker he picked a pile of sticks. I dont know if they will attack or not but he had his chance as I walked by. He looked to be a 60 lb one. When I left the spot he actually followed me up the creek me on the bank and he swimming watching me. I didnt get my feet wet for a while till I knew he or she was gone.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beauty of a quartz point and nice save on it! Love the others too and the yellow one is interesting. Love the stories everyone is telling, now feel the need to tell my weird scary bird encounters from the past. Both hawks, once one thought my hair clip was food and flapped it's wings right up on the back of my head while turning away when it realized it wasn't food and scared me half to death and I don't wear the clip back there anymore! the other time I was standing in the middle of the creek looking for stuff and there are several bends in this section, a hawk was flying the bends and skimmed my shoulder but kept right on flying upstream. The biggest bird out there is a blue crane, startles easily, gawkily flies off and hilarious to see.

Id like to find what they were making out of that yellow flint. Looks like a bear I know HA but its natural flake reduction doesnt even have a decent cutting edge on it. When Im out hunting and see something I just grab it and throw it in my pocket and have a look see later. Unless it something nice then I will carry it till something nicer comes along and repeat. I actually had a pocket full when I was walking back to my truck. Thats when I look at everything but hunting in that fashion you do grab a few rocks so it gives me time to pitch them back while Im walking back. Never did make it to the far end maybe next time.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of big beavers where you live....Hmmm.

No it was the 1st one I have ever seen in the day. I thought they only came out at night. The creek travels to the river many miles downstream so its possible this beaver came upstream from there. I have seen a big black otter last year in that creek and I think they only live in the river not real sure though. Mostly muskrats in that creek cause it dries up in the summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions