Fake arrowhead?

SCpicker

Jan 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally I don't purchase artifacts but I had to make an exception. Recently I bought part of a lifetime collection of a gentleman that passed away a few years ago. The locations and stories of most of his artifacts went with him. From what I understand he primarily collected in south west Arkansas, east Texas and southeast Oklahoma. Amongst the 70 or so true arrowheads, including the finest Caddo arrowheads I've ever held...there is one, only one, that I think is a fake/repro. It just doesn't look like any type I know. It also wasn't in his frames that had his best points. All the other points are authentic. This reminds me why I don't buy arrowheads! Anyways I wanted a second opinion. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    372.3 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm... Strange :dontknow: I would agree with you that it does look different/strange, and what would be the purpose of that notch at the bottom? There would be no use for it since it would be concealed by the wood of the arrow shaft. For some reason it just doesn't look right.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
It just doesn't look like any type I know. It also wasn't in his frames that had his best points. All the other points are authentic.

I think you hit the key points here. Type is off, wasn't displayed the same way as the rest, and the rest are authentic.

Someone might have given him the point, it might have been in with a group he purchased, or maybe he just liked it, but it stands out as different from his main collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread