''Remembering Larson1951''

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Somewhere pottery is fresh and unbroken.
Sandhill cranes dance to the sounds of an old Martin guitar and bone flutes.
Fish and bison await .
Winters are one blanket mild.
Flippin sticks recount old times.

Peace be to the virtuous one who shared with us and has gone ahead.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday Steve!! You are sadly missed by many.

I will cherish the pieces he traded to me and will keep them until the day I pass on and then my son will get them. I hope his family kept the ones I gave to him.

Attachments

• 2016-12-03 20.09.13.jpg
    2016-12-03 20.09.13.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0109.jpg
    DSC_0109.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 90
  • nd pieces (1).jpg
    nd pieces (1).jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 87
  • tt (2).jpg
    tt (2).jpg
    112 KB · Views: 99

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve was a great guy, a good friend and a good mod! We miss him...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep a good friend. He loved this site and he loved to share. Never be another like him.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes what a great guy. just held the artifacts he gave me,and still looking for a larson guitar.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, too was on the receiving end of Steve's kindness and will treasure his gift as long as I live. I used to like hunting for artifacts in his posts here. Do You remember them?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
his bone finds were unreal...his knowledge of his site always filled in the blanks. Does anyone know if his family is still watching it?

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
his bone finds were unreal...his knowledge of his site always filled in the blanks. Does anyone know if his family is still watching it?[/QUOTE

I hope someone is.

Steve and I were friends as well, and I can't say anything but good about him like anyone else who knew him. We did some trading over the years, many packages were sent back and forth, he also bought honey and some beeswax products we make, they were helping those chapped hands of his there toward the end there. 30 Years ago, before I ever met Steve, I was very close to one of his cousins, actually, she and I lived together . He called me "cuz" because of that for some silly reason when we chatted on the phone even though it was an ancient relationship.

Several months before Steve passed, I sent him about a dozen site reports that I had from up and down the Missouri River. Many he was familiar with, as they were close to where he grew up. Some that were very nice, and hard to get, were included. Crow Creek Massacre site for one. He was going to have them copied there at his office and end them back to me. Also, I sent my copy of Jeb Taylors book. He liked it very much, I ordered me a new one and he was just gonna pay me for the one I sent.

Anyway, I could care less about the book or any money, and I am not trying to cast a cloud on this thread, but it would sure make my day if I could somehow, someday, get those site reports back. If anyone is in touch with Russie or Steves widow, maybe they can put a bug in their ear. Or let me know how to get a hold of them.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure if any of his family regularly visits the site. The last that I heard was that John the owner of the site bought a house adjacent to the property. I assume that he spends some time out on the site. When I was there John was doing some digging/sifting below the site where the unwanted and trash was tossed. I remembered seeing several piles of pottery and buffalo horn cores below where he was screening. That piece of property is a gold mine of artifacts and history.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
can we get John to join Tnet?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From time to time a family member of Steve's will check in. Talked to him last when he was in the hospital and asked if I had ever found any crystals or clear quartz on a site. He was still planning on getting better.
I had found one years ago off a site with a cave and he asked for it to help heal. I could not mail it fast enough to him. I undestand he got to hold it but I never spoke to him again.

I finally let go of his voicemails he left me. He sure loved this site and there was no better person to help guide this forum. He was always so proud to help and as always generous in everything he did.
Lol when we had a lot of people posting just rocks he would call me and say " Hey mtns. Well I wanted to just tell you we are having some rocky times again in the forum again" He was great!

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I will always treasure the great frame of finds he gifted to me. And grateful to Grimmy for setting it up as well.

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
I miss Steve in the group, I miss his post here in the group. I think of him everytime I look at the artifacts he sent me. Steve was a good man, and his memory will always be here with the members who knew him.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The world was a better place because Steve lived in it. As much heart as any man I've ever known, his good nature knew no bounds....

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember him fondly. He was a wonderfully friendly, kind and generous guy who added to this site. I miss his presence here. :sadsmiley:

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Steve was a good egg. He really did have a kind soul - I was another recipient of his generosity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread