One box of heartbreak

sweetmimzim3

May 16, 2011
Webster Co. Missouri
Here is one box I put together of items I've found in my area Webster county Missouri that broke my heart
20170306_091922.jpg

Upvote 0

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are more than heartbreaks I see reworked stuff in there..some preforms and possibly a couple small adzes...mjm

filmiracl

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t feel too bad… I have to frame my brokes because I find so few whole pieces.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice materials .... I'm sure you've already went thru and tried to match up any with old finds .....I haven't been that lucky yet but I keep them all anyways

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just put a bunch of brokes in a jar.. I have a bunch more that would probably fill the jar but I don't want to mix artifacts from different sites. Are all of those the same site?

OP
OP
S

sweetmimzim3

May 16, 2011
Webster Co. Missouri
I just put a bunch of brokes in a jar.. I have a bunch more that would probably fill the jar but I don't want to mix artifacts from different sites. Are all of those the same site?

Same area, different sites. These are my newbie finds and I didn't think to separate and label them.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put brokes in my frames if they are good ones. I find about 30 broken ones for every good one

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same area, different sites. These are my newbie finds and I didn't think to separate and label them.

Ha! Funny, because the ones I have in my jar are my newbie finds also! At the beginning, I didn't really think about separating sites or labeling either..

SweepNbeep

Mar 3, 2017
The North Star State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got my share of heart breakers as well. I'm sure we all do. I think the best thing to do with them, is to arrange them as nice as you can, and frame them up all the same. That's what I'm going to do with mine some day. They still look pretty impressive all laid out like that, IMHO. You might not be able to impress some of the more hard core hunters on this site, but to the average guy, myself included, still very, very cool. It makes it all the more sweet when you pick one up that's fully intact. Nice hunting!

OP
OP
S

sweetmimzim3

May 16, 2011
Webster Co. Missouri
I've got my share of heart breakers as well. I'm sure we all do. I think the best thing to do with them, is to arrange them as nice as you can, and frame them up all the same. That's what I'm going to do with mine some day. They still look pretty impressive all laid out like that, IMHO. You might not be able to impress some of the more hard core hunters on this site, but to the average guy, myself included, still very, very cool. It makes it all the more sweet when you pick one up that's fully intact. Nice hunting!

Well said, and thank you. I get excited no matter if they are broken or whole. I just think they are all worth treasuring in one way or other. The craftsmanship just simply amazes me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions