First point for 2017 and this week pottery finds

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the best looking point but hey I'm happy with it! :hello2: It's very creek worn and one of the ears is missing but looks like an old break. Pretty sure it's made from Argillite same as a little Savannah River I found a couple years ago or at least that's what the local archy told me. I'm thinking it's a Morrow Mountain Type II. Also, adding a pic of this weeks pottery finds and one is probably not Native American but still old. The quartz piece in the pottery pic I think is a base for maybe a Guilford. I'm very excited about the point since it's not normal for me to find them very often :laughing7: and I had to really work to find this little guy since the rains aren't moving anything so digging a sand/gravel area from under a big tree that is in the creek, back breaking to say the least but worth it when one of these are found. Thanks for the look! HH

WP_20170322_007.jpg WP_20170322_011.jpg WP_20170322_006.jpg WP_20170322_020.jpg

Upvote 0

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the best looking point but hey I'm happy with it! :hello2: It's very creek worn and one of the ears is missing but looks like an old break. Pretty sure it's made from Argillite same as a little Savannah River I found a couple years ago or at least that's what the local archy told me. I'm thinking it's a Morrow Mountain Type II. Also, adding a pic of this weeks pottery finds and one is probably not Native American but still old. The quartz piece in the pottery pic I think is a base for maybe a Guilford. I'm very excited about the point since it's not normal for me to find them very often :laughing7: and I had to really work to find this little guy since the rains aren't moving anything so digging a sand/gravel area from under a big tree that is in the creek, back breaking to say the least but worth it when one of these are found. Thanks for the look! HH

View attachment 1430061 View attachment 1430064 View attachment 1430060 View attachment 1430063

Nice Peaches! You worked hard and found a real ancient treasure!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: so happy for ya,you sure do deserve that one,way to go and thanks for sharing.

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see well deserved point show up, good for you.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats! That's a pretty point! I really like it...seems wise, like it has a story to tell :)

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Nice old point! Like the quartz too. Sounds like some work, but usually that's the only way if you really want them. Surface finds are rare in most regions. Would be awesome to see a pipe tomahawk or banner stone fall your way! Nice research as usual. Congrats!

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Sounds like you're searching the way I search. Good luck! Go as deep as you can. Hope you have a small screen.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody for the likes and comments! I'm still looking for the gray flint points I know are there lol ptsofnc most of the points I find I have to dig for and will be screening the sand I've been pulling up with the rake on the days it is warm enough for the snake, that I'm pretty sure lives among those fallen trees decides to come out and be territorial. I hope it's moved up or down stream this year because it scares the heck outta me when it moves so fast. Glad it's non venomous though. Loving the longer daylight and makes it where I can hunt a little after work.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always like using water as much as I can to wash away dirt and sand.... Works sometimes

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, gal! I like the color on that point.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you looked and worked hard for it glad 1 finally decided to come out for a visit and let you take it home. I was out the other day but just wasnt feeling it. Got to listen to your senses which I should of done. I hate those snakes that jump in front of you believe it or not sometimes I give out a little scream myself :)

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think rock is a big ole boy too.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think rock is a big ole boy too.

Yes I am but this hobby has let me loose 80 lbs. Best fun getting in shape thats for sure.

Triumph

Oct 7, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Super nice, It is amazing to me what you find when you start digging even down a foot deep. Nice finds!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody for the likes and comments! I'm still looking for the gray flint points I know are there lol ptsofnc most of the points I find I have to dig for and will be screening the sand I've been pulling up with the rake on the days it is warm enough for the snake, that I'm pretty sure lives among those fallen trees decides to come out and be territorial. I hope it's moved up or down stream this year because it scares the heck outta me when it moves so fast. Glad it's non venomous though. Loving the longer daylight and makes it where I can hunt a little after work.

Raking snakes - what a hobby! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread