OP
OP
T

Tbone1980

Mar 24, 2017
Macon Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found it about a week ago was clearing some land off I just bought and was pushing a road in and got done and was walking out when I seen it sticking out the dirt where I just made the road. I stay in Macon Ga not to far from the Indian monds. I have been collecting arrowhead all my life but never seen one like this

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a smoker is just a term to say that that is one fine point.probably a knife but im no expert.could be a benton,or bolan plain,2500.00 at least.one book says the early bolans were serated,but im better at finding them than iding em.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the folks in the North American Indian Artifacts forum. I find arrowheads, but none like that.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found it about a week ago was clearing some land off I just bought and was pushing a road in and got done and was walking out when I seen it sticking out the dirt where I just made the road. I stay in Macon Ga not to far from the Indian monds. I have been collecting arrowhead all my life but never seen one like this
Wow that's a smoker! You are very lucky you didn't brake it while clearing the road.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IDK??? If you've been collecting all your life how could you not be shouting off the rooftops about a find like that? My hands would be shaking so much I couldn't type a word if I found it!! Btw, DEF not an arrowhead, big blade for sure..

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either you or a mod needs to move this to the NAAF to get the answers you seek.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding point, once in a lifetime find, congrats. Sure looks like a Bolen Plain to me also. I would have a local University Archaeologist ID it for you. (Send pix via email.) Sub 8-)

OP
OP
T

Tbone1980

Mar 24, 2017
Macon Ga
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info I was really stumped by it . I got a really nice collection my family land had a massive camp on it and I have found a lot but nothing like that. Thanks again

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding! That is absolutely beautiful!
HH
dts

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for sharing it:icon_thumright:now what about some pics of your collection,now that i have probably seen the best one in it.

Last edited:

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? NICE!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info I was really stumped by it . I got a really nice collection my family land had a massive camp on it and I have found a lot but nothing like that. Thanks again

Can you share some pictures of the other pieces you've found on the farm?

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard in the past, and don't hear it much anymore, the term "Mutant Bolen" for points like that found in the South. Also heard that Mutant Bolens are actually southern Bentons. Take all that with a grain of salt. Either way, that is an exceptional find. I'd be walking the cleared area over very carefully and to hell with any more machinery and try to figure out where to dig. Might be a freak find, or you may have one heck of a site right there on your very own land. Georgia law does require that you notify them 5 days in advance of any digging, just so you stay on the right side of things. I'd need a clean pair of drawers if I pulled something like that outta the dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread