New Member Needs Help Identifying Creek Finds - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: New Member Needs Help Identifying Creek Finds

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I collect Artifacts and Vintage Collectibles and Rocks.

Aug 2012
    South
    Coin Finder
    8770 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by RGINN View Post
    That first one's just a cool rock, in my opinion. Never go by how it fits in the hand, but what you would actually use it for. That second set, you got a couple of things there. I don't hunt creeks; I locate the village sites and hunt there. rock, who hunts creeks all the time and is on here can look at that second set of pics and tell you more than I could about them.
    Thanks but not all the time and all the ones I do walk are on privately owned property with owners permission. There is still 1 I can hunt but they have Angus bulls on it so Im saving it on the back burner as Im sure you know why.
    BearCreek and RGINN like this.
    Personal finds were on private property which I have permission to hunt.
    Best bug repellent I have ever used bugband.net check it out.

us
    I collect Artifacts and Vintage Collectibles and Rocks.

Aug 2012
    South
    Coin Finder
    8770 times
    Louise22 The 1st one even though is a neat rock its a piece of natural Limestone which you find in most creeks. Limestone is one of the best foolers for shapes when you are out looking for something nice. Its comes in small to very large pieces but you will know its natural by the feel it should feel like a piece of sand paper when dry or wet. Indians did like it due to sometimes flint will grow on it inside and out but Ive never found a piece of it worked not saying it is impossible but yours looks natural to me. The others look worked except for a couple on the end pics. Believe it or not even a creek can chip an edge on a piece of flint if the flint is laying flat on the bottom and the current is rolling small cobbles over it. As the cobbles hit the flint it will chip an edge on the flint and make it looked worked but sometimes its a natural edge. But most of the others look worked. rock
    Last edited by rock; Mar 28, 2017 at 01:34 PM. Reason: cant spell today
    BearCreek and RGINN like this.
    Personal finds were on private property which I have permission to hunt.
    Best bug repellent I have ever used bugband.net check it out.

us
    Mar 2017
    St. Louis, MO
    none
    12 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I walked the creeks, streams and rivers of Missouri for over 20 years artifact hunting, I found hundreds like the one in your opening post, all natural erosion.
    OK, thank you! I'll post here if anything interesting comes of it.
    Treasure_Hunter and BearCreek like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30405 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise22 View Post
    OK, thank you! I'll post here if anything interesting comes of it.

Welcome to TreasureNet and good luck on your next artifact hunt.
    BearCreek likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Mar 2017
    St. Louis, MO
    none
    12 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Louise22 The 1st one even though is a neat rock its a piece of natural Limestone which you find in most creeks. Limestone is one of the best foolers for shapes when you are out looking for something nice. Its comes in small to very large pieces but you will know its natural by the feel it should feel like a piece of sand paper when dry or wet. Indians did like it due to sometimes flint will grow on it inside and out but Ive never found a piece of it worked not saying it is impossible but yours looks natural to me. The others look worked except for a couple on the end pics. Believe it or not even a creek can chip an edge on a piece of flint if the flint is laying flat on the bottom and the current is rolling small cobbles over it. As the cobbles hit the flint it will chip an edge on the flint and make it looked worked but sometimes its a natural edge. But most of the others look worked. rock
    Thanks, Rock -- appreciate your time and insights!
    rock likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links