Whatever happened to........

Nwohseeker

May 13, 2015
Nw ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The carbon date test results from the guy in Florida who was finding stuff from Mexico and slate and copper from the Great Lakes and all the other odd stuff that was out of range? Haven't heard him rubbing anyone's nose in any proof that it was legit. I'm guessing he's got the results by now must not have gotten the results he was so convinced he was gonna get. Lol

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i don't know for sure but I am guessing that you just can't walk into the "carbon dating" store, give them you visa and say "hook me up"....

OP
OP
N

Nwohseeker

May 13, 2015
Nw ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks as though you guessed wrong hey Mac? Although I can appreciate the sarcasm. More to the point I was trying to make is the OP made many accusations against very knowledgable here and as of yet still has not shown us he was right and they were wrong.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Looks as though you guessed wrong hey Mac? Although I can appreciate the sarcasm. More to the point I was trying to make is the OP made many accusations against very knowledgable here and as of yet still has not shown us he was right and they were wrong.

well direct on point....

looks like he slunk off like so many before him....is it just me or is this the only forum on tnet that gets bogged down in controversy routinely?

Ici

Mar 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does it matter to you??? People like you make this type of forums not fun. If you disagree with someones opinion that is your right but to call out people on an internet forum is classless. Again just one mans opinion.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
it matters because we care about the amount of disinformation that folk post...you know...."fake news"....

OP
OP
N

Nwohseeker

May 13, 2015
Nw ohio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mac.... He did state in his posts he had archaeologists and academic types at his disposal.

Lci... Didn't you just call someone out on an Internet forum. I guess shame on you too.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I got the sarcasm in unclemac's post but wanted to show that yes normal folks can get items carbon dated if they have the desire to find out the date of something and have deep enough pockets.
On a side note I don't think you can carbon date rocks or copper, the exception being sedimentary rocks less than 50,000 years old. The reason being that to be carbon dated the item would have to been alive at some point and carbon-14s half-life is 5700 years and it is completely degraded in the 50k to 60k year range.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it matters because we care about the amount of disinformation that folk post...you know...."fake news"....

Like unclemac said disinformation and that is bad for anything. Lets say I wanted to learn what gold nuggets looked like and I went to the part of this site to learn about finding gold an what they looked like and there where post showing gravel painted with gold spray paint. Have I learned anything that is helpful to me, no I have not. If you post an item on any internet site any where you are placing it up for public opinion and a lot of times you will get some opinions that you may not like, but that is how it rolls. I say paint some rocks gold and see what kind of reaction you get on the gold finding site or put some shiny sliver money up on the MDing site with a 50 year old date and tell them you just dug this up and see what they say. Rocks can not be dated by most ways, but years of putting your hands, eyes and feet on the ground will teach you what is a rock or an artifact. JMO

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let me get in on that one. What is a rock or an artifact. I can show many rocks that are artifacts. Some were posted and called just rocks. As I have called what some say are rocks an artifact. It all has to do with just how knowledgeable the person is on the piece being displayed. I deal with this daily and will continue to debate it. There are many things out there that are hidden. What I mean is that a stone may look like a stone. But that stone under certain circumstances and conditions revealed that it was worked. Therefore being an artifact is not alway cut and dry. And that comes from not only boots on the ground but at the desk. Not just a quick look at something an say it a rock. Think about that for awhile. There are always answers if you put the time into finding it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let me get in on that one. What is a rock or an artifact. I can show many rocks that are artifacts. Some were posted and called just rocks. As I have called what some say are rocks an artifact. It all has to do with just how knowledgeable the person is on the piece being displayed. I deal with this daily and will continue to debate it. There are many things out there that are hidden. What I mean is that a stone may look like a stone. But that stone under certain circumstances and conditions revealed that it was worked. Therefore being an artifact is not alway cut and dry. And that comes from not only boots on the ground but at the desk. Not just a quick look at something an say it a rock. Think about that for awhile. There are always answers if you put the time into finding it.

Or just how delusional that person is who sees writings and faces on natural stones.

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to put my two cents worth in.if you post something on here isn't it for the purpose of getting others thoughts and opinions on it, at least that is part of it to me.if you are convinced you have an artifact then you will still be happy to have found it no matter what anyone else thinks.

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
Why does it matter to you??? People like you make this type of forums not fun. If you disagree with someones opinion that is your right but to call out people on an internet forum is classless. Again just one mans opinion.
I think people that post highly dubious and obviously outright fakes, make this forum not "fun", it diminishes the forum, the avocation and the posts by members that find actual artifacts get buried by these pathetic attention seekers.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or just how delusional that person is who sees writings and faces on natural stones.
I gave you a free vacation to prove me wrong. You didn't want to put your money or your so called reputation on the line. I'm way above your pay grade. So bring it on and the name doesn't scare me.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I gave you a free vacation to prove me wrong. You didn't want to put your money or your so called reputation on the line. I'm way above your pay grade. So bring it on and the name doesn't scare me.

Bob, you see, it actually doesn't work that way. It's the age old problem of proving a negative, I.e., proving your rocks are not artifacts. Does not work that way. The burden, when extraordinary claims are made, is on the person making the claims. In this instance, it's entirely your responsibility to prove your rocks are in fact artifacts, or in fact contain messages. It is not up to anyone to prove they do not. In an instance like this, the burden of proof is entirely on you.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

As an example, suppose I posted an object, and said that it had been dropped by a UFO, I had actually seen it, and the object was actually an artifact from whatever star system from whence the flying saucer originated. Where does the burden of proof lie? Would it be up to everyone else to prove the object was not from a distant star system? Or would the burden of proof be on me to prove it was from a distant star system? The burden of proof would clearly be on me to prove such an extraordinary claim.

In like fashion, the burden of proof is on you to prove the rocks you have posted to this forum contain messages from the Jesuits. And you have never, that's never Bob, given anybody here any reason at all to deduce that you actually know what you are talking about, let alone actually prove your claim. It is not up to anybody here to prove you are mistaken. We can only inform you that you are mistaken, and hope a light bulb goes off someday, and you finally realize you are very mistaken. Continuing to simply claim that you know better then anyone else does nothing to bolster your claim. It only demonstrates that you are simply unwilling to listen to those who actually do realize how mistaken you actually are.

But, at the very least, try to understand where the burden of proof for your claims resides. It resides entirely with you, sir. Begin by understanding the concept know as "burden of proof" and who bears the responsibility for burden of proof.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread