rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember those days when everything was a treasure. Now I go out and come home depressed cause I didnt find a thing.

OP
OP
T

TNArtifacts

Greenie
Apr 21, 2017
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was a sampling of a 2 hour trip last night. I'll post the last month's finds next.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All natural not Man made artifacts that I see ... There is a good post by monsterrack called "helpful hints on rocks" it may help you differentiate the artifacts from the geofacts

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All are natural rocks, better luck next time.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You know the Quaker boy box call in the picture. Some people unfamiliar with them might think it's a pencil box.

Keep looking and an artifact will be as obvious.
It's o.k. to have doubts on some when starting out. Even after.
Keep looking.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that top left one would pass for a birdstone on ebay, for sure.

Walk the hills near creeks and look for small thin flakes...
I walked for a good year (found nothing-kind of gave up) before coming across a piece of obsidian while bird hunting...then that led me to understand better where to look...sometimes.

OP
OP
T

TNArtifacts

Greenie
Apr 21, 2017
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks. I have many pieces including nutting stones, axes, grinding & pecking stones and a nice tomahawk. I'm at the base of the Smoky Mtns with a wet weather stream bed on the property. A few years back they found aver 1 million pieces in a dig a mile away. Looking forward to finding more but need some help determining what some pieces are. The one flat piece appears to be a sharpening stone to me.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin Nice point but you should start your own post not try to sell something on another members post also you must be a charter member to sell items on forums. But Iv found this hobby to be very cheap so maybe you can continue to hunt without the $20.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging Austin, they are correct, please don't hijack threads, also, only Charter members can sell here, please join before offering to sale.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks but I have a nice collection of artifacts already. Just curious about these...

Dont go away lets see the rest of the collection. We all pick up rocks sometimes by accident like in fields when they are dirty and you are just going by shape at least I do anyways. Most times after carrying them around in my back pockets and my pants sagging and a certain part gets that sunburn from the sagging. So lets see the others.

OP
OP
T

TNArtifacts

Greenie
Apr 21, 2017
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Will do...I'll try and get some pictures this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm fairly certain the tomahawk is legit - sharpened on 4 edges, notched across the back. The stone is unlike any around here though. It's a black/gray color, smooth, while everything else around here is sandstone, limestone and quartz. I have a wet weather streambed 8 - 10 feet deep and 15 feet wide that runs the length of my property and am hoping to find more. They found over a million pieces and a village when widening the road about a mile away a few years back. I have caves in the hillside and the stream is running at flood levels now - searching again when the water recedes - where is the best place to look?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread