800 Year Old Bracelet

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, I did thing today! It took me long enough but I finally made the bracelet I was talking about a few weeks back. I used a pottery shard as the base of the pendant and turned it into a wristband for myself. The stone that is set inside the pottery is turquoise, the facets are silver, and the band is leather that I wove together. I gave it I southwestern look with the turquoise because the pottery came from the southwest.

Ive been wanting to show off some of my pottery in a way that was both respectful and artistically unique. I've seen other examples pottery jewelry but nothing I saw online looked quite like this. Especially with a stone set inside the shard.

I happy with it overall...even if I did end up destroying a very nice shard in the process *insert frowny face*. But I really want to hear what y'all think. Do you like it, love it...hate it? Lay it on me homies!

Attachments

• 1492899558450.jpg
    1492899558450.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very talented

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like it ....how did you attach the silver to the shard ?

OP
OP
Mr.Waffles

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks. I used a dremel and bore out a shallow hole almost the exact size of the fitting so it was very snug. Then I filled it with an epoxy designed to adhere stone and placed the fitting tightly inside.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering how you was gonna do that.. You did a great job.... Looks legit you know

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a great way to combine the old with the new. Real silver is a nice touch. The only thing I would change, is braiding the leather. Leather cord, or braided sinew would look better, IMO.

OP
OP
Mr.Waffles

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think it's a great way to combine the old with the new. Real silver is a nice touch. The only thing I would change, is braiding the leather. Leather cord, or braided sinew would look better, IMO.

Thanks. I really appreciate your feedback. I went back and forth like a zillion times on how I was going to to the band. I was so indecisive. I'll keep your opinion in mind for the next one. :)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
another thing you can do with your pottery is inlay it into table tops...

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! Very well made and creative! I've got some pottery that Kat sent me that I want to make some pendants or something with, thinking of wire wrapping them. Just gotta get in the mood.

OP
OP
Mr.Waffles

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
another thing you can do with your pottery is inlay it into table

I'm going to need a better workspace to do that! Don't think my apartment is quite big enough. Lol but awesome idea. I like the creativity

OP
OP
Mr.Waffles

Mr.Waffles

Mar 27, 2015
South West
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like it! Very well made and creative! I've got some pottery that Kat sent me that I want to make some pendants or something with, thinking of wire wrapping them. Just gotta get in the mood.

Yes, you should totally do that! Get in the mood soon cuz I wanna see how your pendants turn out. :)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• DSC04883.JPG
    DSC04883.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 58

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread