First points ever!

stamello

Apr 12, 2017
Flintstone GA / Chattanooga TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a rookie, so I've spent much of this spring looking at maps, reading history, and driving around. It finally paid off - I found some points! They're all from the same field. I have no knowledge to determine what these are, but I like the small gray one with the red pattern on it. The large red one doesn't look broken to me - it's worked all around the edges. So it's not a point, but I like the color of it.
I'm in the Chattanooga area - I'd appreciate any advice on other locations to hunt. I've got four kids under 10 who enjoyed hunting (they found a couple of points too), so I think this'll turn into a great hobby for all of us if we can find some locations nearby.
IMG_20170422_162251256.jpg

Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! It's great when the kids are into hunting!!!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The red one looks like a scraper from where I am sitting if all sides are finished. All good finds

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a rookie, so I've spent much of this spring looking at maps, reading history, and driving around. It finally paid off - I found some points! They're all from the same field. I have no knowledge to determine what these are, but I like the small gray one with the red pattern on it. The large red one doesn't look broken to me - it's worked all around the edges. So it's not a point, but I like the color of it.
I'm in the Chattanooga area - I'd appreciate any advice on other locations to hunt. I've got four kids under 10 who enjoyed hunting (they found a couple of points too), so I think this'll turn into a great hobby for all of us if we can find some locations nearby.
View attachment 1444383

I'm still hunting my 1st "For Sure" point Myself.

Y'all did real Good .
I'm Coming up that way Tomorrow if you need some help .

OH! Welcome to the T_net site.
Davers

Last edited:

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats to you and your kids. You did your homework, and got off to a great start! Very nice finds!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie with all this but the colors are very cool looking! Family fun and educational, hard to beat. :icon_thumright:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds and congrats on your first. It looks like you are hunting a Middle to Late Woodland site to me so keep your eye out for Bone, Shell, and Pottery and concentrate on those areas.

OP
OP
S

stamello

Apr 12, 2017
Flintstone GA / Chattanooga TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds and congrats on your first. It looks like you are hunting a Middle to Late Woodland site to me so keep your eye out for Bone, Shell, and Pottery and concentrate on those areas.

Thanks! I found these in the type of area that you're describing - lots of other debris, shards, etc. I'll keep looking!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread