New here! Sharing my amazing/lucky story

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall, im Tyler, 31 from St. Charles, Missouri. Sorry for the length here, I have been wanting to share my finds on here for some time now. Hoping to get some insite/tips from the experts on here on how to further search/seek out possible campsites on my land. My grandfather owned/farmes 160 acres in St. Charles county not far from MO river with a large creek running thru it that dumped into the Mississippi river. I have 4 artifacts that were given to me off the land before it was sold about 2 years ago that really kick started my addiction. The land was sold when I was 2 and he purchased 273 acres in Callaway Missouri, a small town on the MO river. Mainly used for deer hunting. My hunting addiction lead to putting in food plots. 2 years ago I started plowing a 4 acre field that sits on the highest ridge for miles around. Overlooks the river valley that's about half mile away. Immediately after plowing a few rows real deep I noticed larger stones here and there in the field. After getting off the tractor I started finding all these rocks were stone tools, many hammer/nutting stones. After a few rains I was finding points all over. Since then I have been plowing the open field ridge tops on our property. The neighboring property has a cave on it that was excavated by archeologist in the 80s. The oldest shoes in world were found in this cave. 13 total moccasins found. Graham cave is about 20 mins from the property as well. 90 percent of these fines came from the property in Callaway County MO. The rest are from St. Charles MO. Here are a few pics. Finding Daltons, Scott's bluff and a handful of Hardins along with many others Screenshot_20170515-081757.png Screenshot_20170515-071836.png Screenshot_20170515-081643.png Screenshot_20170515-072008.png Screenshot_20170511-203112.png Screenshot_20170515-071900.png Screenshot_20170515-081850.png Screenshot_20170515-081412.png Screenshot_20170515-081346.png Screenshot_20170515-081456.png Screenshot_20170515-081212.png Screenshot_20170515-071852.png Screenshot_20170515-071931.png Screenshot_20170515-081141.png

Sent from my SM-G930V using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 separate 1 acre ridge top food plots that have been turned over with the plow last fall. We have recently had heavy rain and flash floods in MO. I'm headed to the farm on Saturday. Will post my finds when I get home Sunday or Monday. Going to walk the fields then run the tiller thru it....walk it again then plant.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! I have to say I am so very, very, very jealous! You are so fortunate to have a site on land your family owns. Can't wait to see what else you find there and completely understand the addiction to the hunt 8-)

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't take me long to get a divorce if I lived there cause I wouldnt ever come home. You ever look in the caves? Always been fascinated with them

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't take me long to get a divorce if I lived there cause I wouldnt ever come home. You ever look in the caves? Always been fascinated with them

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
Lived that one out play by play already. Lol....been in the cave but it's been looted and excavated many times by heavy equipment. There is a interesting website devoted to it. It's called the Arnold research cave. Pretty cool artifacts found by archeologist.

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 separate 1 acre ridge top food plots that have been turned over with the plow last fall. We have recently had heavy rain and flash floods in MO. I'm headed to the farm on Saturday. Will post my finds when I get home Sunday or Monday. Going to walk the fields then run the tiller thru it....walk it again then plant.

Harrows are bad enough on artifacts. I can't imagine what a tiller might do to a point.

mn9000

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look closely for cave art too, petroglyphs & pictographs. They're hard to see sometimes but I have a feeling there may be some there. Please post pictures if you find any.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! As long as there are no politics involved I would contact local archeologists to come take a look. I'm not to fond with many off their practices but in your situation it could take years to excavate your site/sites.
They're meticulous when it comes to digging and have lots of free help lol, so it could save you lots of time. Or maybe find a private Archie to dig test pits so you know where the best spots are located? You have an amazing plot of land congratulations again!! HH

OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harrows are bad enough on artifacts. I can't imagine what a tiller might do to a point.
I only use the tiller on worked ground. I have found it kick the points to/near top. Makes soil real powdery and after a 1 rain it settles significantly and exposes everything.

OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only use the tiller on worked ground. I have found it kicks the points to/near top. Makes soil real powdery and after a 1 rain it settles significantly and exposes everything.

OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! As long as there are no politics involved I would contact local archeologists to come take a look. I'm not to fond with many off their practices but in your situation it could take years to excavate your site/sites.
They're meticulous when it comes to digging and have lots of free help lol, so it could save you lots of time. Or maybe find a private Archie to dig test pits so you know where the best spots are located? You have an amazing plot of land congratulations again!! HH
Yeah l would rather the artifacts stay in the ground for future family to find then have non family come to the property.

OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed back from the farm. My 6 year old found this big scraper blade. Have alot of them but none of this size. His best find. He went nuts...it was awesome. 20170520_183423.jpg 20170520_183429.jpg 20170520_210938.jpg

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for him!! that's a great find!!

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is cool- nice find little dude!

The memory of finding that will stick with him, I'm sure.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lived that one out play by play already. Lol....been in the cave but it's been looted and excavated many times by heavy equipment. There is a interesting website devoted to it. It's called the Arnold research cave. Pretty cool artifacts found by archeologist.

Dang they found some crazy stuff in there !

old-shoe-is-old-3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread