New here! Sharing my amazing/lucky story

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall, im Tyler, 31 from St. Charles, Missouri. Sorry for the length here, I have been wanting to share my finds on here for some time now. Hoping to get some insite/tips from the experts on here on how to further search/seek out possible campsites on my land. My grandfather owned/farmes 160 acres in St. Charles county not far from MO river with a large creek running thru it that dumped into the Mississippi river. I have 4 artifacts that were given to me off the land before it was sold about 2 years ago that really kick started my addiction. The land was sold when I was 2 and he purchased 273 acres in Callaway Missouri, a small town on the MO river. Mainly used for deer hunting. My hunting addiction lead to putting in food plots. 2 years ago I started plowing a 4 acre field that sits on the highest ridge for miles around. Overlooks the river valley that's about half mile away. Immediately after plowing a few rows real deep I noticed larger stones here and there in the field. After getting off the tractor I started finding all these rocks were stone tools, many hammer/nutting stones. After a few rains I was finding points all over. Since then I have been plowing the open field ridge tops on our property. The neighboring property has a cave on it that was excavated by archeologist in the 80s. The oldest shoes in world were found in this cave. 13 total moccasins found. Graham cave is about 20 mins from the property as well. 90 percent of these fines came from the property in Callaway County MO. The rest are from St. Charles MO. Here are a few pics. Finding Daltons, Scott's bluff and a handful of Hardins along with many others Screenshot_20170515-081757.png Screenshot_20170515-071836.png Screenshot_20170515-081643.png Screenshot_20170515-072008.png Screenshot_20170511-203112.png Screenshot_20170515-071900.png Screenshot_20170515-081850.png Screenshot_20170515-081412.png Screenshot_20170515-081346.png Screenshot_20170515-081456.png Screenshot_20170515-081212.png Screenshot_20170515-071852.png Screenshot_20170515-071931.png Screenshot_20170515-081141.png

Sent from my SM-G930V using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Upvote 0

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow what a beautiful collection! That is amazing.
HH
dts

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right....ive been plowing the same ridgeline this cave is embedded in. The cave has a crawl space that opens into different caverns. It's where the moccasins were discovered.

That's awesome. Like I said, you could sell tickets...

From what I've read about the area, it is believed to have been permanently inhabited for 7000 years! Egads....that is a long, long time....A really long time......

What do you find as far as flakes and stuff, that you don't bother to pick up?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From what I've read about the area, it is believed to have been permanently inhabited for 7000 years! Egads....that is a long, long time....A really long time......

There are flakes everywhere. Some areas more consentrated then others. The highest flat top ridges on the property really produce alot of tools/hammer stones, nutting stones. I have found more knifes then anything else. The points are scattered. I'll post a pic of some of the hammer and nutting stones. I stopped picking them up after awhile. I have found alot of hand axes as well.

OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had heard the neighbors house that sits about 100 yards above the cave....when he was digging the foundation found 2 Clovis points. I can't confirm that but that's what I've been told. I have alot of broken daltons. 3 full Scott's bluffs all real close to each other.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tkaz

Tkaz

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The etley...4th from bottom rt in the frame has to be my favorite find to date. Had just finished walking a disced field at the farm with my wife and had just gotten to where we had entered the field & there it was.... sitting perfectly displayed on top of a dirt clod that was holding it a few inches up off the ground....perfectly cleaned from the rain the night before. I felt like someone was messing with me the way it was teetering on top of this dirt clod on display....ill post the insitu pic after I get the wife to send it to me.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are flakes everywhere. Some areas more consentrated then others. The highest flat top ridges on the property really produce alot of tools/hammer stones, nutting stones. I have found more knifes then anything else. The points are scattered. I'll post a pic of some of the hammer and nutting stones. I stopped picking them up after awhile. I have found alot of hand axes as well.

I like this quote except for me its scrapers I find the most. I think the NA people in my area used the points as much as possible till they were a nub then threw them down for me to find a few thousand years later even though flint was abundant here.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow.
You're hunting deer on old sites. That alone would be special. ( Hey ,sit still and quit scratchin in the dirt.)

All them pics...I need a napkin , or a bib or something.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding me? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread