Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Whites
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495906415.488403.jpg
Money Shot from the other day. 3 hours hunting a field in Maryland which has been hunted for 50 years by friend of mine and has produced hundreds to thousands of points and tools over the years for him

Putting things into perspective, before colonization, America had 30,000,000 native Americans living here for thousands of years. Weapons and War didn't do the Natives in. It was a far more nefarious weapon. Small Pox and other microbes decimated the populations. Sorry for the riff but mind boggling stuff to me at least.

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds an never think a spot is hunted out, some of the best finds I've seen came from a spot that everyone said was hunted to much. On your thought on NA, they were here for 10,000 years at least doing well and took the white man just 200 years to wipe out people of the earth.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Cool pic$

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work! Just started artifact hunting in 2015 and in one field found about 4 celts and an adze (among other artifacts), Ran into a guy and his father who have walked the field for 20 years and have never found any such artifacts, just never know what you will find out there...right place at the right time :icon_thumright:

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your money shot .... Looks like some good finds... Get us a few close up shots.... Not of you , but the points lol

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bonedoggle

bonedoggle

Jan 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Whites
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495978964.822809.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495978979.315794.jpg
Close ups. About 20 other "worked" pieces also.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds .... I would have guessed Maryland just by pics a lone .... I grew up hunting points in Rising Sun , MD and just about every hunt looked identical to yours. What county did you hunt in?

OP
OP
bonedoggle

bonedoggle

Jan 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Whites
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bingo. Good geography. I'll post another shot of pics I got from same field two years ago.

OP
OP
bonedoggle

bonedoggle

Jan 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Whites
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496068267.301172.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496068282.397658.jpg same field 2 years ago. Except the two tools on the left. The "hatchet"? I found many years ago and the other point found in belt Montana on same trip I found Dino bones and sapphires

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Southeastern U.S. (Georgia)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1455592
Money Shot from the other day. 3 hours hunting a field in Maryland which has been hunted for 50 years by friend of mine and has produced hundreds to thousands of points and tools over the years for him

Putting things into perspective, before colonization, America had 30,000,000 native Americans living here for thousands of years. Weapons and War didn't do the Natives in. It was a far more nefarious weapon. Small Pox and other microbes decimated the populations. Sorry for the riff but mind boggling stuff to me at least.

If you find a site that was occupied for thousands of years, and each inhabitant lost just a single item each year, the numbers are staggering. A tree of 200 people each losing one item over 1,000 years is mind blowing, but certainly very likely. It just takes a great deal of work and perseverance to find them. Good job with the finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread