Arrowhead info please?

MissGOT

Jun 8, 2017
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone!
I have some arrowheads I recently received from a friend. I don't know too much about them so I wanted to see if someone could help me out a little bit. Any guesses on type of stone? I know a bunch of them are chipped but I still wanted see if any were valuable. Thank you to anyone that takes the time to read or reply! IMG_2950.JPG IMG_2951.JPG

Upvote 0

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am not the best at judging others value, but i see a few there i would love to had if not broke .specially the ones in the center of both pics.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much value that I see, most are made from Obsidian and Dacite. Thanks for posting:icon_thumleft:Welcome to T-net:hello:

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection. If you hold the black ones up to the light and can see through them, even on the edges, that's obsidian....and like monster said the other black ones , dacite.

The non black ones = chert in my wide definition of it.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it these are all from California. The large one with the concave base in the first picture is most likely a Humboldt and would have been a really nice one if the tip wasn't damaged. As far as value, the sentimental value of the gift from your friend far outweighs what you could get monetarily for them. Since most are broken or damaged I wouldn't pay more than $50 for them. Nice study pieces, but an awesome gift.

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the one grim called a Humboldt shame about the tip but its still a nice one to me.I dont really put much thought into the monetary value of artifacts though

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it these are all from California. The large one with the concave base in the first picture is most likely a Humboldt and would have been a really nice one if the tip wasn't damaged. As far as value, the sentimental value of the gift from your friend far outweighs what you could get monetarily for them. Since most are broken or damaged I wouldn't pay more than $50 for them. Nice study pieces, but an awesome gift.

I agree with Grim, value as a gift from friend far exceeds the value to any collector. I think the $50 is a high estimate too.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you make that T.C. ? That is so cool....and I think I have the other half of a few of those. ;)

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you make that T.C. ? That is so cool....and I think I have the other half of a few of those. ;)

Yes, I made it,thanks.....I ran off a copy of the buff and then layed another piece of paper over it. I'm not too artistic, so this helped. I know of a lady that makes HUGE ones in picture frames.

Save all your brokes and get creative!!

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most are definitely re-worked tools, a Lakota fella I know referred to the smaller ones as "practice points or bird points"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions