45 minute finds

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
decided to walk the neighbor's field Saturday afternoon. 45 minutes and 7 finds later I was back at the ranger. I found a really nice teardrop scraper and a nice whole point, an odd reworked point and a small reworked knife. Also in the mix was a larger scraper and 2 broken tips.

DSC03338.JPG DSC03339.JPG DSC03341.JPG
DSC03342.JPG

Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! 45 minutes??! Crazy........

Cool material too, that teardrop piece looks to have pyrite speckles in it... maybe?

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Great finds! 45 minutes??! Crazy........

Cool material too, that teardrop piece looks to have pyrite speckles in it... maybe?

could be. I looked at it closer and it does have a sparkle to it. never noticed that.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds for 45 mins. Have to get out there at the crack of dawn if you want to beat the heat. Glad to see you post em up.

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds, and very time productive! So did you hunt the whole site in 45 minutes, or are you going back again to finish up when you have more time?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your neighbors field! Glad you got out. That Ranger makes life a little easier.

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Very nice finds, and very time productive! So did you hunt the whole site in 45 minutes, or are you going back again to finish up when you have more time?

Well I have covered most of the field already but the area I found these in was about a half acre. And to answer your second question, yes I am going back again. As a matter of fact I went today and found a broken drill with a very nice base, a rough knife (broken too...) and a piece of broken scraper. Needless to say the plow has not been kind to the artifacts in this field.

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
I like your neighbors field! Glad you got out. That Ranger makes life a little easier.

I like it too!! Yes the ranger does save a few steps. Glad I have it. I can take my dogs with me so they can get some exercise too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread